The Libraries' audiovisual collections support Drexel University's academic mission. These collections consist of a variety of formats including CD-ROMs, DVDs, and videotapes.
Locations of AV Collections:
- Hagerty Library: AV materials placed on Reserve by instructors are available from the Reserve/Circulation Desk on the 1st floor of the library; all other AV materials are shelved on the first floor.
- Hahnemann Library: Reserve AV materials are available from the Reserve/Circulation Desk on the 2nd floor of the library; all other AV materials are shelved on the second floor.
- Queen Lane Library: Reserve AV materials are located at the Circulation/Reserve Desk; additional AV materials are shelved by call number in the book collection.
Each Library has VCRs, DVD players and other equipment for viewing or listening to AV materials.
Searching for AV Materials in the Library Catalog
- Search the catalog by subject or title. From result screen, select "Limit Search to available terms", and limit the search by material type
- Search for videos (VHS or DVD) in the Hagerty Library collection by selecting "DVDs/VHS"
- OR browse the following AV lists directly via these quick links for AV materials at the Hagerty Library:
See the Catalog Search Guide for further help. For more information call the appropriate Library.
- Hagerty Library: 215-895-2764
- Hahnemann Library: 215-762-7631
- Queen Lane Library: 215-991-8740
All audiovisual materials are available for use within the libraries by any library patron. Students may use materials in the collection with a current validated Drexel University I.D. card.
Except for items on Reserve, audiovisual materials at the Health Sciences Libraries circulate for three or seven days. Hagerty's loan periods are outlined in the table below:
Hagerty Library: AV Loan Periods
|DVDs||Students & Staff||5 Days|
|Videotapes||Students & Staff||5 Days|
Loan periods may vary for AV materials in the Reserve collection.
AV Overdue Fines
Overdue fines for AV materials accrue at the rate of $1.00 per day.
Content Editor: Shawn Woodson
Last Updated: 03/07/2012