Use AccessScience to find information on various subject areas related to Bridge Design.
- AccessScience Full access to 7100+ articles, 115,000 dictionary terms, and hundreds of Research Updates in all areas of science and technology updated daily. AccessScience is the electronic version of the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology.
Books Click on the links below to see what books are available in the library in some key areas related to Bridge Design.
- Bridge design
- Bridge and structure*
- Bridges - design and construction
- Background information on Bridges using AccessScience database
- Concrete and bridge
- Highway Truss Bridges
- Truss bridge -- historical
- Click on Articles & More Tab in the Library Home page
- For example, type ‘Truss and bridge design’ and click on Search Library link.
- Refine your search results by selecting an option from the left column. For example, select ‘ebook’ option. You will see a listing with links to electronic books.
- Try Summon for quick search. For more in depth search, explore the resources below.
Searchable Electronic Book databases Click on the links below to access electronic books (Access only to Drexel faculty and students) You can access full book chapters using electronic book collections such as ebrary, ENGnetBASE, Knovel, MATERIALSnetBASE, and MECHANICALnetBASE.
- Knovel: Engineering and Scientific Online References
- Electronic book chapters: "Truss and Bridges"
- Electronic book chapters: "Method of Joints and Truss"
Electronic Databases Use databases below to find scholarly journal articles on the topic of your research project.
- Architectural Index
- ASCE Digital Library
- Annual Reviews
- BuildingGreen (BuildingGreen Suite integrates online versions of GreenSpec, Environmental Building News, and a database of more than 160 high-performance building case studies.)
- Earthquake Engineering Abstracts
- Ei Compendex and INSPEC
- Environmental Engineering Abstracts
- Google Scholar
- MAD CAD (NOTE: access to cross-referenced collections of building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire, and maintenance codes from BOCA, SBCCI, ICBO, ICC, and NFPA.)
- Web of Knowledge
Web based sources
- Images of Truss bridges
- Images: Bridge Truss Designs
- Truss Analysis using Method of Joints (youtube video)
- Truss Bridge and Truss Types
- Tennessee River Bridge
- Truss bridges (within ASCE site search)