More new books!!
I've just ordered the second batch of books for the Careers Collection here @ Hagerty Library. Here is what you have to look forward to:
- Graduate Admission Essays: Write your way into the graduate school of your choice- Great information on how to manage your grad school applications, but of course with a heavy emphasis on writing that essay! Has tons of sample essays and even recommendation letters.
- Fashion Careers: The Complete Job Search Workbook- Co-written by Drexel's very own Beth Phillips, a faculty member at Westphal, this a great workbook with interactive worksheets for your job search.
- College Board CLEP: Official Study Guide 2009- Did you know that you can receive college credit for learning outside of the classroom? Drexel accepts CLEP exams and also serves as a CLEP test center. Get more information here.
- Career Development in Bioengineering and Biotechnology- Are you a biomedical engineering major who would like to explore career options? This book has a wealth of information, from information on more traditional career paths such as medical device technologies to alternative careers paths such as writing non-fiction books!
- Career Opportunities in Forensic Science- This book features 82 job profiles within the field of forensic science with descriptions, tips, etc. for each. Who knew there were that many occupations within the field of forensic science!?
- The Nonprofit Career Guide: How to Land a Job that Makes a Difference- All you ever need to know about the nonprofit sector and how to land a job within it. This book also features "spotlights" and Q&A's with people in the field.
- The Everything Guide to Becoming an Event Planner- If you're thinking of becoming an event planner, this is essential reading for you. Learn how to get started and break into the business, but more importantly, learn the ins and outs of actually putting an event together.
- Becoming Leaders: A Practical Handbook for Women in Engineering, Science, and Technology- Learn what it takes to succeed as a woman in the male-dominated fields of engineering, science, and technology. From job hunting to time management, this book outlines the kinds of issues women face as students, career women, faculty members, deans/heads, and managers in the fields of science and technology.
- The Rough Guide to Crete- Thinking of participating in the Cretan Scholars Program and doing your co-op abroad on the island of Crete? Find out more about Crete with this travel guide.