New books in!
I am happy to announce that several new books have been added to the Careers Collection here at Hagerty Library. Here are the goodies:
- Philadelphia Business Journal: Book of Lists 2009- The latest edition to this annual series will give you the scoop to the top companies in the Philadelphia metropolitan area. You will find lists such as "Best Places to Work," "Minority-Owned Businesses," "Engineering Firms," and many many more!
- National Directory of Arts Internships, 11th edition- The latest edition to this wonderful resource for internships across the country in arts management, dance, festivals, film & video, performing arts, music, and more!
- Financial Aid for Study and Training Abroad and Financial Aid for Research & Creative Activities Abroad- This pair of books will help you in planning and securing funds for your co-op or other experience abroad.
- Osteopathic Medical College Information Book: Entering Class 2010- We have several of these books available for circulation, with all the application guidelines for applying to osteopathic medical colleges.
- Designing the Perfect Resume- Learn how to design and build the perfect resume.
- Greenjobs: a Guide to Eco-Friendly Employment- Interested in finding a green job but unsure of where to look? Check out this guide.
- Cover Letters That Knock 'Em Dead- Does the thought of writing a cover letter make your knees shake? This thorough guide explains everything you need to know.
- Knock 'Em Dead 2007: The Ultimate Job Search Guide- The title says it all-this book covers every aspect of the job search and gives some great advice.
- Surviving a Layoff: A Week-by-Week Guide to Getting Your Life Back Together- If you've been laid off, this book will help you cope and get back on your feet.
- Majoring in Psych? Career Options for Psychology Undergraduates- If you are a psychology major, this book will help you explore career options, tell you what steps to take to enhance your employability, help you decide whether graduate school is right for you, and help you conduct your job search.
- Careers in Renewable Energy- Thinking about a career in renewable energy? This books breaks down the various industries, what careers are available in them, and organizations and websites of interest.
- Escape from Corporate America- Are you tired of working in Corporate America and planning a career change to pursue the career of your dreams? Read this book!
- Resume Buzz Words- Surely, you've received this advice before: your resume needs some punch, some power words!! This handy little book gives you just that: buzz words to use on your resume , and it's even organized by occupation/industry!