What is Scifinder Scholar? How do I access it?
SciFinder Scholar is a research discovery tool that allows you to access a wide diversity of research from many scientific disciplines, including biomedical sciences, chemistry, chemical engineering, material science, agricultural science, and many others. It provides search interface for access to Chemical Abstracts online. Chemical Abstracts covers the published scientific research in chemistry, and offers searching by author name, research topic, substance identifier, chemical structure, or chemical reaction. Now includes the Substructure Module (SSM).
It provides information on:
- More than 17 million single- and multi-step reactions
- More than 1 billion predicted and experimental properties
- The CAS REGISTRY database - the original source and final authority for CAS Registry Numbers - updated daily
- All patent records, meeting CAS selection criteria, from 9 of the major patent offices are available online within 2 days of the patents' issuance
- Sequences combined from CAS and GenBank databases, which are indexed and linked to scientific journal and patent literature
Sequences combined from CAS and GenBank databases, which are indexed and linked to scientific journal and patent literature
(Scifinder Scholar How to Guides:
These How to Guides show step-by-step examples and include tips for using a variety of features available in SciFinder. Examples of guides available include: Research topic, Substructure searching, Chemical reactions, Molecular formula to find chemical substances, and Explore by journal or patent using bibliographic citation.