What is AccessScience? How can I access it? What are Bookmarklets?
McGraw-Hill's AccessScience 2.0 is a a top-to-bottom redesign of the premiere online science platform, featuring fully searchable content from McGraw-Hill's Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, 10th Edition. The new generation of AccessScience gathers and synthesizes vast amounts of information, and organizes it to give you fast, easy and accurate access to authoritative articles in all major areas of science and technology.
- Over 8,500 online articles from the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology 10th edition
- Research Updates from the McGraw-Hill Yearbooks of Science & Technology
- 110,000+ definitions from the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms
- 15,000 illustrations and graphics, and bibliographies containing more than 28,000 literature citations
- Content contributed by more than 5000 researchers, including 36 Nobel Prize winners
- Biographies of more than 2,000 well-known scientists from the Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography®
- The latest news in science and technology from Science News® and ScienCentral® videos
- Continuously updated, fully-searchable, media-rich content, terms, images and videos
- added illustrations, animations, and image galleries
- questions answered in our weekly Q&A
The AccessScience team interviewed both users and librarians and learned that they wanted the most useful and up-to-date technology to work for them. The new site features:
- Brand-new fast, sophisticated search capability, including semantic-based searching of our enhanced search engine, making discovery of this wide range of information easier than ever.
- RSS feeds
- Flash® animations
- Image galleries (including images that can be saved to your personal space on the website)
- Federated searching
What are bookmarklets?
See Bookmarklets for more information.