Construction Management and Engineering Technology Resources
Click on the links below to see what books are available in the library in some key areas related to Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Nanotechnology
- Applied Mechanics
- Biomedical Technology
- Computer Applications and Networking
- Construction Management
- Hybrid and (Car or Automobile*)
- Production and Quality Control
- Sensor* and Instrumentation
- Electrical Technology
To find additional books, search in our online catalog using Advanced Keyword Searching and using appropriate research keywords.
- Click on Articles & More Tab in the Library Home page
- For example, type ‘Sensors and Measurements’ and click on Search Library link.
- Refine your search results by selecting an option from the left column. For example, select ‘ebook’ option. You will see a listing with links to electronic books.
- Try Summon for quick search. For more in depth search, explore the resources below.
Click on the links below to access electronic books (Access only to Drexel faculty and students)
You can access full book chapters using electronic book collections such as Books24X7, ebrary, ENGnetBASE, ElectricalENGINEERINGnetBASE, INFOSECURITYnetBASE, Knovel, MATERIALSnetBASE, MechanicalENGINEERINGnetBASE, Referex, Safari and Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering)
- Knovel: Engineering and Scientific Online References
- Referex - electronic books
- Safari Tech Books Online
- Wiley Encyclopedia of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Use databases below to find scholarly journal articles on the topic of your research project.
(BuildingGreen Suite integrates online versions of GreenSpec, Environmental Building News, and a database of more than 160 high-performance building case studies.)
- Ei Compendex and INSPEC
- IEEE Xplore
- MAD CAD (NOTE: access to cross-referenced collections of building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire, and maintenance codes from BOCA, SBCCI, ICBO, ICC, and NFPA.)
Tips on obtaining articles not available in the Library
News and Recent Developments
Use the following databases to find information on breaking news in about emerging technologies in magazines and newspapers
See also: 'Fundamentals of Engineering Research' guide
Catalogs and Components
- Google Catalog
- Globalspec: Engineering Search engine
- Sensors, Transducers and Detectors
- Electrical and electronic Components
- Refworks (RefWorks is a web-based software application that helps you manage citations. It helps you keep track of the sources you are using for your research and your own notes about the sources)
- Refworks Tutorials