What resources the Senior Design Team used that Win $75,000 Phase II EPA Funding?
The senior design team of Eric Eisele, Courtney Reid, Dan Pugh, Sarah Byrnes, and Charlie Woods was awarded a Phase II People, Prosperity, and Planet Award from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). See Senior Design Team wins EPA funding for more details.
Eric and his team used several Library resources over a period of time. These include:
- ASCE Civil Engineering Database
- ASCE Conference Proceedings Online
- BuildingGreen - (BuildingGreen Suite integrates online versions of GreenSpec, Environmental Building News, and a database of more than 160 high-performance building case studies.)
- DoE Energy Codes
- Ei Compendex and INSPEC
- Environmental Engineering Abstracts
- Google Scholar
- Home Depot Smart Home
- Knovel: Engineering and Scientific Online References
- MAD CAD - (NOTE: access to cross-referenced collections of building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire, and maintenance codes from BOCA, SBCCI, ICBO, ICC, and NFPA.)
- Statistical Resources
- Statistical Resources on the Web-Energy
- Web of Knowledge
Eric also needed some ASTM standards for the Solar Coating project. Using How Do I access ASTM, SAE, ASHRAE, ISO or ANSI standards? Any other standards? Eric was able to obtain ASTM standards that he needed for the project. Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering and Materials Engineering Site include a few resources that may also help in future for other projects. See also Cool Roofs and Cool Roofing Materials Database available from Heat Island Group Resources.
Eric also contributed in creating Drexel's web site for Sustainability and Drexel Green.
Congratulations to the Senior Design Team!