Appropriate Technology Resources for SEED Lab Thailand and Engineers without Borders Projects
EWB-USA supports community-driven development programs worldwide by collaborating with local partners to design and implement sustainable engineering projects, while creating transformative experiences and responsible leaders. Our 13,800 members work with communities to find appropriate solutions for water supply, sanitation, energy, agriculture, civil works, structures and information systems.
Here are some resources available to help you find information on projects related to Appropriate Technology.
The Grand Challenge Explorations initiative, which funds innovative global health and development research, will help the team continue its work to create transformative farming tools for female smallhold farmers in Thailand.
Click on the links below to see what books are available in the library in some key areas related to Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Nanotechnology.
To find additional books, search in our online catalog using Advanced Keyword Searching and using appropriate research keywords.
Books on DVD
Electronic Books Click on the links below to access electronic books (Access only to Drexel faculty and students) You can access full book chapters using electronic book collections such as ebrary, ENGnetBASE, Knovel, MATERIALSnetBASE, and MECHANICALnetBASE.
- Britannica Online;Encyclopaedia Britannica Online
- Agriculture Tools - ENGnetBASE
- Knovel: Engineering and Scientific Online References
- Water Filtration - Knovel
- Click on Articles & More Tab in the Library Home page
- For example, type ‘Wind Storm Protection’ and click on Search Library link.
- Refine your search results by selecting an option from the left column. For example, select ‘ebook’ option. You will see a listing with links to electronic books.
Use databases below to find scholarly journal articles on the topic of your research project
- ASCE Digital Library BuildingGreen - (BuildingGreen Suite integrates online versions of GreenSpec, Environmental Building News, and a database of more than 160 high-performance building case studies.)
- Earthquake Engineering Abstracts
- Ei Compendex and INSPEC
- Google Scholar
- MAD CAD - (NOTE: access to cross-referenced collections of building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire, and maintenance codes from BOCA, SBCCI, ICBO, ICC, and NFPA.)
- Transportation Research Information Services Online
Data and other Information Sources
- World Health Organization Data and Satistics
- Database Weed Species in Crops and Countries - Thailand. There is a section on Rice as well.
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations - Thaliand
- Thailand Grain and Feed Update including Rice Update - USDA
- Rice - Economic Research Service - USDA
- Improved Biomass Cooking Stoves -Thailand
- Improved Cooking Stoves
- IRRI - Rice Research and Capacity Building
- Thai Harvest Initiative at Drexel University
- Adventures in Engineering: Students Develop Weeding Technology with Thai Farmers
Adventures in Engineering: Students Develop Weeding Technology with Thai Farmers - See more at: http://drexel.edu/engineering/news/archive/2012/August/AdventuresinEngin...
- What is Appropriate Technology?
- The National Center for Appropriate Technology: Local Solutions for a Sustainable Future
- Appropriate Technology: Journey to Forever
- The Institute for Appropriate Technology