Appropriate Technology Resources for Engineers without Borders Projects
Engineers Without Borders (EWB) is an international humanitarian engineering group that serves our global neighbors in the developing world; those who need it most. We provide the basics of life such as water and shelter, using appropriate and sustainable technology. More importantly though, we help people help themselves. Dedicated professionals and aspiring college students form the backbone of EWB, with invaluable help from corporations, Non-Government Organizations, and other supporters. EWB at Drexel is a great way for students to hone and apply their skills to real problems, gain unique experience and become socially and globally conscious.
Here are some resources available to help you find information on projects related to Appropriate Technology.
Click on the links below to see what books are available in the library in some key areas related to Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Nanotechnology.
- Construction Management
- Sustainable Food
- Appropriate Technology
- Energy and Technology
To find additional books, search in our online catalog using Advanced Keyword Searching and using appropriate research keywords.
Click on the links below to access electronic books (Access only to Drexel faculty and students)
You can access full book chapters using electronic book collections such as ebrary, ENGnetBASE, Knovel, MATERIALSnetBASE, and MECHANICALnetBASE.
- Britannica Online;Encyclopaedia Britannica Online
- Knovel: Engineering and Scientific Online References
Use databases below to find scholarly journal articles on the topic of your research project
- ASCE Digital Library
BuildingGreen - (BuildingGreen Suite integrates online versions of GreenSpec, Environmental Building News, and a database of more than 160 high-performance building case studies.)
- Earthquake Engineering Abstracts
- Ei Compendex and INSPEC
- Environmental Engineering Abstracts
- Google Scholar
- MAD CAD - (NOTE: access to cross-referenced collections of building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire, and maintenance codes from BOCA, SBCCI, ICBO, ICC, and NFPA.)
- Transportation Research Information Services Online
News and Recent Developments
Use the following databases to find information on breaking news in about emerging technologies in magazines and newspapers
- What is Appropriate Technology?
- The National Center for Appropriate Technology: Local Solutions for a Sustainable Future
- Appropriate Technology: Journey to Forever
- The Institute for Appropriate Technology
- Appropriate Technology in Health - Video Library
- Appropriate Technology Sourcebook