Resources on Institutional Review Board Guidelines and Research Implications
Click on the links below to see what books are available in the library in some key areas.
- Human Experimentation in Medicine
- Human experimentation in medicine -- Moral and ethical aspects
- Electronic Book chapters using keywords Institutional Review Board in ENGnetBASE database
- Medical Ethics (as subject heading)
- Medical Ethics (using keywords as search terms)
- Ethic* and Biomedical Research
- Institutional Review Board
To find additional books, search in our online catalog using Advanced Keyword searching.
- Click on Articles & More Tab in the Library Home page
- For example, type ‘Stem Cells and Ethics’ and click on Search Library link.
- Refine your search results by selecting an option from the left column. For example, select ‘ebook’ option. You will see a listing with links to electronic books.
- Try Summon for quick search. For more in depth search, explore the resources below.
Use following electronic databases/indexes to find articles on your topic dealing with any ethical issues.
- Academic OneFile
- Bioethics Research Library
- CQ Researcher
- Ei Compendex/Engineering Village2/INSPEC
- Expanded Academic
- Google Scholar
- Health Sciences Databases
- IEEE Xplore
- Lexis/Nexis Academic Universe
- National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) Policy and Legislation Database
- National Information Resource on Ethics and Human Genetics
- Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center
- Project Muse
- Proquest Research Library
- Synthesis: Digital Library of Engineering and Computer Science
- Web of Science
(Search in Journal Citation Reports section to locate journals with high impact factors in a particular area)
Some useful journal titles
- BMC Medical Ethics
- IRB Advisor
- Journal of Fluency Disorders
- Medical Ethics - Journals
- New England Journal of Medicine
- Science and Engineering Ethics – an electronic journal
- Belmont Report: Ethical Principles and Guidelines for the Protection of Human Subjects of Research
- Biomedical Engineering Ethics - Center for the Study of Ethics in Professions-Illinois Institute of Technology
- Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations for the protection of human subjects.
- Guidance from Federal Agencies and Other Organizations
- 21 CFR 50 - FDA regulations for Protection of Human Subjects
- 21 CFR 56 - FDA regulations for Institutional Review Boards
- 21 CFR 312 - FDA regulations for Investigational New Drugs
- 21 CFR 812 - FDA regulations for Investigational Device Exemptions
- 21 CFR 814.100 - 126 - FDA regulations for Humanitarian Use Devices
- (Source: Library resources for members of the Northwestern University research community and members of the Institutional Review Board panels)
- Medical IRB - Drexel University Office of research Regulatory Committees
- Medical IRB Guidelines and Process
- DREXEL UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF MEDICINE INTITUTIONAL REVIEW BOARDS
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES
- Human Subjects Research Regulatory Binder
- Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies
Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) program
- The Office of Regulatory Research Compliance announces the implementation of the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) program now available to all DUCoM and DU Investigators and Key Personnel. Guidance and FAQs regarding the changes in Human Subjects Research training may be found on the Human Research Training website. The National Science Foundation (NSF) has mandated that all students and postdoctoral researchers involved in NSF proposals receive RCR training in order to conduct research. Trainees and others seeking Rseponsible Conduct of Research (RCR) education may use the Drexel web-based CITI RCR modules to fulfill these requirements.
- Human Subjects Research
- Good Clinical Practice
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Drexel Core Modules