BMES 552- Introduction to Bioacoustics
Some Readings - Snapping Shrimp
- Snapping Shrimp Drown Out Sonar With Bubble-Popping Trick, Described In Science
- How snapping shrimp snap? What is the Physics behind snapping?
- Snapping Shrimp - Discovery of Sound in the Sea
- Bioacoustics - Acoustic Monitoring
- Biomedical Acoustics
- Biomedical Ultrasonics
- Doppler Ultrasound
- Medical Imaging
- Acoustic Monitoring - Underwater Acoustics Monitoring Tutorial
- Snapping Shrimp - an article from the Scientific American
- Protecting Whales from Dangerous Sonar NRDC's campaign to regulate harmful Navy sonar systems is headed to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- High Court Hears Navy Sonar Case
- Underwater Acoustics - U.S. Navy Ships
- Physics and Sound
- Underwater Acoustics
- Physics and Biology
- Acoustic* and bio*
- Acoustic Waves
- Acoustical Engineering
- Doppler Ultrasound
To find additional books, search in our online catalog using Advanced Keyword Searching and using appropriate research keywords.
- Click on Articles & More Tab in the Library Home page
- For example, type ‘Biomedical Ultrasonics’ and click on Search Library link.
- Refine your search results by selecting an option from the left column. For example, select ‘ebook’ option. You will see a listing with links to electronic books.
- Try Summon for quick search. For more in depth search, explore the resources below.
Click on the links below to access electronic books (Access only to Drexel faculty and students)
- ASM Materials Information
- Electronic Lectures on Biomedical Mechanics from Synthesis Digital Library
- Encyclopedia of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering
- Knovel: Engineering and Scientific Online References
Selected Electronic Books Organized by Subject
- Electronic Lectures on Biomedical Mechanics from Synthesis Digital Library Cardiology
- Orthopedic Surgery
Use databases below to find scholarly journal articles on the topic of your research project.
- American Physiological Journals
- Annual Reviews
- Biomaterials Properties Database from the University of Michigan
- Ei Compendex and INSPEC
- Google Scholar
- IEEE Xplore
- ILI Standards Infobase – ASTM and other standards
Please contact Jay Bhatt email@example.com to check if the availability of the standard you are looking for.
- Journal Citation Reports
- MEDLINE via ISI Web of Knowledge
- Web of Science
(Search in Journal Citation Reports section to locate journals with high impact factors in a particular area)
- Wiley Interscience
Brief description for electronic databases: Various Electronic Databases
Obtaining articles not available in the Library
- How do I obtain Full papers from the Proceedings of the SPIE, other conferences and journal papers that are not available in the library?
- Refworks (RefWorks is a web-based software application that helps you manage citations. It helps you keep track of the sources you are using for your research and your own notes about the sources)
- Refworks Tutorials
Guidelines for using images in web pages, presentations and instruction