BMES 391 - Biomedical Instrumentation I
Click on the links below to see what books are available in the library in some key areas related to Bioinstrumentation
- Biomedical Engineering Instrumentation
- Medical and Instrumentation
- Sensors and Handbook
- Biomedical and Devices
- Medical and Sensors
- Pressure and Flow and Measurements
- Cardiovascular and Devices
- Click on Articles & More Tab in the Library Home page
- For example, type ‘Spinal cord and technology and treatment’ and click on Search Library link.
- Refine your search results by selecting an option from the left column. For example, select ‘ebook’ option. You will see a listing with links to electronic books. You can also limit to articles from scholarly publications, including peer-review.
Click on the links below to access electronic books (Access only to Drexel faculty and students)
- Electronic Lectures on Biomedical Mechanics from Synthesis Digital Library
- Encyclopedia of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering
- Knovel: Engineering and Scientific Online References
Use databases below to find scholarly journal articles on the topic of your research project.
- American Physiological Journals
- Annual Reviews
- Biomaterials Properties Database from the University of Michigan
- Ei Compendex and INSPEC
- Google Scholar
- IEEE Xplore
- ILI Standards Infobase - ASTM and other standards
- Web of Science
(Search in Journal Citation Reports section to locate journals with high impact factors in a particular area)
- Wiley Interscience
- Brief description for electronic databases: Various Electronic Databases
Obtaining articles not available in the Library
- How do I obtain Full papers from the Proceedings of the SPIE, other conferences and journal papers that are not available in the library?
News and Recent Developments
Use the following databases to find information on breaking news in biomedical technologies in magazines and newspapers
- Is this a scholarly publication?
- Deciphering Citation
- RefWorks Overview
- What is Summon? How can I use it?
- Guidelines for using images in web pages, presentations and instruction