Solar Energy Resources
Click on the links below to see what books are available in the library in some key areas related to Alternative Energy Sources.
- Solar Energy
- Nuclear Energy
- Biomass Energy
- Renewable Energy
- Solar Power
- Solar and Thermal
To find additional books, search in our online catalog using Advanced Keyword Searching and using appropriate research keywords.
Click on the links below to access electronic books (Access only to Drexel faculty and students)
You can access full book chapters using electronic book collections such as ebrary, ENGnetBASE, Knovel, MATERIALSnetBASE, and MECHANICALnetBASE.
- Knovel: Engineering & Scientific Online References
- Click on Articles & More Tab in the Library Home page
- For example, type ‘Solar Thermal and Photovoltaics ’ and click on Search Library link.
- Refine your search results by selecting an option from the left column. For example, select ‘ebook’ option. You will see a listing with links to electronic books. You can also limit to articles from scholarly publications, including peer-review.
Use databases below to find scholarly journal articles on the topic of your research project.
- ASME Journals
- CQ Political Reference Suite
- CQ Researcher
- CQ Weekly
- Ei Compendex and INSPEC
- Energy Citations Database
- Google Scholar
- IEEE Xplore
- Journal Of Solar Energy Engineering (Online)
- Lexis/Nexis Congressional
- Office of Scientific and Technical Information - Science Accelerator
- Proquest Research Library
- Social Science Research Network
- U.S. Department of Energy
News and Recent Developments
Use the following databases to find information on breaking news in biomedical technologies in magazines and newspapers
- Wind, Solar Could Play Bigger Roles in Future US Energy Mix
- Green Dream from Popular Science
- DOE Green Energy
- BP Publications and Reports and Statistical Review of World Energy 2009 Sustainability Reports
- DoE Energy Codes
- Solar Energy Technologies Program: Concentrating Solar Power
- Renewable Energy Annual
- PV/Thermal Solar Systems
- Energy Efficiency Portal
- Solar Photovoltaic Technology Basics
- Building Integrated Photovoltaics from BuildingGreen Blog
- Refworks (RefWorks is a web-based software application that helps you manage citations. It helps you keep track of the sources you are using for your research and your own notes about the sources)
- Refworks Tutorials
Meeting with me for research consultation:
You can also set up an appointment with me for more in depth research consultations. Here is how you can do so:
and click on ‘Book a Reference Consultation’ to set up a meeting time
You can also email me at email@example.com or call me at 215 895-1873 and set up a meeting with me. My office is in room 132 in the Library.