Important Research Tools for Engineering Management Students
To find books on a particular topic, search in our online catalog using 'Advanced Keyword Searching 'feature and using appropriate keyword representing that topic. Once you find a book, follow the link 'Distance Learners: How do I obtain articles or books from the library?" to receive print books. Electronic books can be accessed by using your Drexel email ID and password.
- Is this a scholarly publication?
- Deciphering Citation
- Finding Full Text from Citations
- Refworks Overview
- Refworks Tutorial
RefWorks is a web-based software application that helps you manage citations. It helps you keep track of the sources you are using for your research and your own notes about the sources. It is web-based (no special software installation, downloads, or plug-ins required). It will also create bibliographies for you in the format you specify (APA, IEEE, etc.).
- Click on Articles & More Tab in the Library Home page
- For example, type ‘Infrastructure Engineering’ and click on Search Library link.
- Refine your search results by selecting an option from the left column. For example, select ‘ebook’ option. You will see a listing with links to electronic books.
- Try Summon for quick search. For more in depth search, explore the resources below.
Key Engineering Electronic Databases
Use Citation Style Sources and go to create a list of works cited to see examples of how books, journal articles, magazine articles, primary sources and newspaper articles can be cited in your research paper.
Key Business and Entrepreneurship Databases
Use the following databases to find information on breaking news in biomedical technologies in magazines and newspapers
- Factiva Global news and business information service, international business, company/industry research
- Faulkner's Advisory for IT Studies
- Tablebase - Statistical Data on Companies, Industries, Countries and Markets
- Business Plans and Entrepreneurship
- Reference Assistance: Business, Economics, and Hospitality Management
- Patents, FDA approved medical devices and Intellectual Property
- Converting NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) to SIC (Standard Industrial Classification)
For example, 541710 is the NAIC/Industry code for Research and Development in the Physical, Engineering, and Life Sciences. Corresponding SIC number is 8733. (Searching by NAICS or SIC helps in searching for key competitors in the field).