MEM 425 Aircraft Design and Performance
Click on the links below to see what books are available in the library in some key areas
- YC-14 STOL Prototype
- Boeing 727
- Aircraft Design
- Static Stability and Control
- Supersonic planes
To find additional books, search in our online catalog using Advanced Keyword Searching and using appropriate research keywords.
Electronic Handbooks and Encyclopedias:
Click on the links below to access electronic books (Access only to Drexel faculty and students)
- ASM Handbooks Online
- Encyclopedia of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering
- Knovel: Engineering & Scientific Online References
- Thermopedia (NEW RESOURCE)
The entirely revised online version of the THERMOPEDIA™ covers a wide range of fundamental topics including thermodynamics and physical properties, fluid dynamics, heat transfer, mass transfer, and basic equations and their methods of solution.
Some electronic books and chapters:
- Air Planes Design and Construction - from ebrary
- Aerodynamics and Aircraft Flight -from ENGnetBASE
- Supersonic Aircraft - from Knovel
- Airfoil - from AccessScience
- An introduction to theoretical and computational aerodynamics - from Google books
- Advances in Spacecraft Systems and Orbit Determination
- Applied Aerodynamics:A Digital Textbook
- YC-14 Advanced Medium STOL Transport (AMST)
- YC-14 Military Transport
- Anatomy of Concorde
- Development of A New Supersonic Aircraft
Use databases below to find scholarly journal articles on the topic of your research project.
- Annual Reviews
- ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers) Database
- ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) Journals
- Begell Digital Library
- Ei Compendex and INSPEC
- Google Scholar
- IEEE Xplore
- Material ConneXion
- Materials Research Database
- NASA Techinical Reports Server
- NIST Nanotechnology Portal
- Web of Science
Brief description for electronic databases: Various Electronic Databases
- UIUC Airfoil Data Site
The UIUC Airfoil Data Site is a collection of airfoil coordinates and airfoil related links. The UIUC Airfoil Coordinates Database includes the airfoils, and they cover a wide range of applications from low Reynolds number airfoils for UAVs and model aircraft to jet transports and wind turbines.
- Summary of Airfoil data
The historical development of NACA airfoils is briefly reviewed. New data are presented that permit the rapid calculation of the approximate pressure distributions for the older NACA four-digit and five-digit airfoils by the same methods used for the NACA 6-series airfoils.
- The Incomplete Guide to Airfoil Usage
- NACA Airfoil
- NACA Airfoil Series
- NACA Airfoil Series
- Summary of Airfoil Data
- References to NACA Airfoil Geometry and Aerodynamics
- NACA FOUR-DIGIT AIRFOIL SECTION GENERATION
USING CUBIC PARAMETRIC CURVE SEGMENTS AND
THE GOLDEN SECTION
- AIRFOIL DATA: NACA 0018: Drag Coefficients
- Historical Evolution of Airfoil Sections - Source: Airfoils
- The Characteristics of 78 Related Airfoil Sections From Tests in the Variable-Density Wind Tunnel. National Advisory Committee on Aeronautics (NACA) Technical Report 460, 1933.
- Airfoil section data obtained in the NACA variable-density tunnel as affected by support interference and other corrections
- Where can I get airfoil performance data?
United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
The USPTO offers web access to bibliographic and full-text patent databases. These databases provide full-text of patents from 1976 to the present and full page images from 1790 to the present.
Provides access to the latest published US patent applications each week BEFORE the USPTO decision to
Given a patent number, pat2pdf.org will return a free, pdf formated version of the patent.
The Google Patent Search covers the entire collection of patents made available by the USPTO—from patents issued in the 1790s to present.