Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering Senior Seminar
Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering: Books Click on the links below to see what books are available in the library in some key areas related to Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering
- Infrastructure Engineering
- Asset Management
- Life-Cycle Analysis
- Critical Infrastructure
- GIS and Management
- Highway Engineering
- Green Engineering
- Intelligent Buildings
- Sewage System*
- Transportation and Infrastructure
To find additional books, search in our online catalog using Advanced Keyword Searching and using appropriate research keywords. Using Summon: Try Summon to find books, articles and more. See also What is Summon? How can I use it?
- Click on Articles & More Tab in the Library Home page
- For example, type ‘Smart Structures’ and click on Search Library link.
- Refine your search results by selecting an option from the left column. For example, select ‘ebook’ option. You will see a listing with links to electronic books.
- Try Summon for quick search. For more in depth search, explore the resources below.
Electronic Books Click on the links below to access electronic books (Access only to Drexel faculty and students) You can access full book chapters using electronic book collections such as ASM Handbooks, ebrary, ENGnetBASE, ENVIROnetBASE, Knovel, MATERIALSnetBASE and Referex)
- ASM Handbooks
- Knovel: Engineering and Scientific Online References
- Referex - electronic books
Electronic Databases Use databases below to find scholarly journal articles on the topic of your research project.
- Architectural Index
- ASCE Digital Library
- Annual Reviews
- BuildingGreen (BuildingGreen Suite integrates online versions of GreenSpec, Environmental Building News, and a database of more than 160 high-performance building case studies.)
- Earthquake Engineering Abstracts
- Ei Compendex and INSPEC
- Google Scholar
- IEEE Xplore
- MAD CAD (NOTE: access to cross-referenced collections of building, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fire, and maintenance codes from BOCA, SBCCI, ICBO, ICC, and NFPA.)
- National Transportation Library
- Web of Knowledge
News and Recent Developments Use the following databases to find information on breaking news in biomedical technologies in magazines and newspapers
- Academic Universe(Lexis/Nexis)
- Expanded Academic
- Factiva Global news and business information service, international business, company/industry research
Complete listing of all Engineering databases
Drexel Smart House
CAE Senior Design and Engineering Standards
- Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering Senior Design Resources and Engineering Standards
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) The USPTO offers web access to bibliographic and full-text patent databases. These databases provide full-text of patents from 1976 to the present and full page images from 1790 to the present.
- Patent Searching Tips.
- Fresh Patents Provides access to the latest published US patent applications each week BEFORE the USPTO decision to grant/deny.
- pat2pdf.org Given a patent number, pat2pdf.org will return a free, pdf formated version of the patent.
- Refworks (RefWorks is a web-based software application that helps you manage citations. It helps you keep track of the sources you are using for your research and your own notes about the sources)
- Refworks Tutorials