Mechanical Engineering - Materials Engineering Senior Design
Click on the links below to see what books are available in the library in some key areas
- Magnetic materials
- Carbon Nanotubes
- SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
- Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering
- Engineering Ethics
- Sensor Networks
- Aircraft Design
- Nano* and Drug Delivery
- Polymer* and Matrix Composite*
To find additional books on, search in our online catalog using Advanced Keyword searching .
- Click on Articles & More Tab in the Library Home page
- For example, type ‘Nanomaterials’ and click on Search Library link.
- Refine your search results by selecting an option from the left column. For example, select ‘ebook’ option. You will see a listing with links to electronic books.
- Try Summon for quick search. For more in depth search, explore the resources below.
Click on the links below to access electronic books (Access only to Drexel faculty and students)
- ASM Handbooks Online
- Encyclopedia of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering
- Knovel: Engineering & Scientific Online References
- Thermopedia (NEW RESOURCE)
The entirely revised online version of the THERMOPEDIA™ covers a wide range of fundamental topics including thermodynamics and physical properties, fluid dynamics, heat transfer, mass transfer, and basic equations and their methods of solution.
Use databases below to find scholarly journal articles on the topic of your research project.
- Annual Reviews
- ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers) Database
- ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) Journals
- Ei Compendex and INSPEC
- Google Scholar
- IEEE Xplore
- Material ConneXion
- Materials Research Database
- NIST Nanotechnology Portal
- SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers)
- Scifinder Scholar Web Version
- Web of Science
Brief description for electronic databases: Various Electronic Databases
News and Recent Developments
Use the following databases to find developing news stories on various technologies in magazines and newspapers
United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
The USPTO offers web access to bibliographic and full-text patent databases. These databases provide full-text of patents from 1976 to the present and full page images from 1790 to the present.
Provides access to the latest published US patent applications each week BEFORE the USPTO decision to
Given a patent number, pat2pdf.org will return a free, pdf formated version of the patent.
The Google Patent Search covers the entire collection of patents made available by the USPTO—from patents issued in the 1790s to present.
- A technical report is a document that describes the process, progress, or results of technical or scientific research, or the state of a technical or scientific research problem.
Blogging and RSS
- Is this a scholarly publication?
- Deciphering Citations
- Refworks Overview
- All Tutorials
- Video Tutorials