Resources for Engineering
- Research Guides for Engineering
- Engineering Databases/Article Indexes
- Key electronic resources:
CHEMnetBASE Engineering Village ENGnetBASE IEEE Xplore Knovel POLYMERSnetBASE ScienceDirect Scifinder Scholar Web Version Synthesis: The Digital Library of Engineering and Computer Science Thermopedia and Web of Science
Presentations and Tutorials
ENGR 103 Tutorials:
- ENGR103 Researching Information for Engineering Design
- Finding Background Information
- Finding Current Research
- Finding Patents and Technical Reports
- Understanding Citations
- Engineering Library Instruction Feedback
- ENGR 103: A Guide for Freshmen
- MatE 100: Materials for Emerging Technologies
- ChE 481-483: Chemical Engineering Senior Design
- How do I find patents?
- How do I find standards? How do I access IEEE Standards?
For obstaining ASTM or other standards, please contact Jay Bhatt, Liaision Librarian for Engineering, Hagerty Library room 132, Phone: 215-895-1873. Email: email@example.com
- How do I find building codes?
- What is INSPEC? How do I access it?
- How do I obtain full papers from the Proceedings of the SPIE and other conferences that are not available in the library?
- How do I find background information on materials, polymers, and details about their properties? What are some major engineering online encyclopedias and handbooks available?
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Citation Analysis of Engineering Design Reports for Information Literacy Assessment Dana Denick, Jay Bhatt, Bradley Layton (paper) - accepted for presentation at 2010 ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition
- Library Resources for Online Education Jay Bhatt, Dana Denick, Beth Ten Have (presentation) - Drexel University Institute on Innovation in Teaching and Training, September 2009
- JISC Academic Database Assessment Tool (ADAT) as a Collection Development and Management Tool for Bibliographic Databases Jay Bhatt and Dana Denick (article) - published in Collection Management, 34(3): pp. 234 – 241
- Library-Smart House Collaboration for Information Literacy Development Jay Bhatt, Dana Denick, Cody A. Ray, Andrew Cebulski(paper) (presentation) - presented at 2009 ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition
- Optimizing Intellectual Workflow Jay Bhatt, Dana Denick, Margaret Dominy, Tim Siftar (poster) - presented at 2009 SLA Annual Conference
- Greening of Drexel Libraries: Supporting Drexel Green Initiative Jay Bhatt, Margaret Dominy, Katherine Lynch (poster) - presented at 2009 Drexel Research Day
- Using Web 2.0 Applications as Information Awareness Tools for Science and Engineering Faculty and Students in Academic Institutions Jay Bhatt, Dana Denick, Smita Chandra (paper) (presentation) - presented at 2008 International Conference of Asian Special Libraries
- Innovative Applications of Social Software in Reaching Out to Engineering Students Sasha Gurke, Jay Bhatt, Josh Roberts(poster) - presented at 2008 SLA Annual Conference
- SimplyMap: Introducing a New Mapping Tool & Data Source at Drexel Libraries Jay Bhatt, Tara Martin, Larry Milliken, Josh Roberts, Tim Siftar, Beth Ten Have (poster) - presented at 2008 Drexel Research Day
- Innovative Approaches to Information Literacy Instruction for Engineering Undergraduates at Drexel University Joshua C. Roberts, Jay Bhatt (article) - published in European Journal of Engineering Education, 32(3): pp. 243–251
- Impact of Interdisciplinary Scientific Research on Science and Engineering Librarianship in Academic Institutions Margaret Dominy, Jay Bhatt (poster) - presented at 2007 Drexel Research Day