EndNote X4 available (corrected)
EndNote X4 is now available for download from IRT's software site https://software.drexel.edu/.
Unfortunately, it did not prove possible to pre-configured EndNote preferences in this version.
You can do this yourself easily, so that EndNote uses Drexel Libraries' link resolver to find the full text of journal articles and attach the documents to your EndNote records. Illustrated instructions for setting EndNote preferences are available here: http://www.library.drexel.edu/resources/guides/healthsciencesguides/?page_id=148#tutorials.
X4 offers many new features, including:
- Import and create new records from PDF files. Whether you are importing a single file or a folder of PDF files, EndNote uses metadata and DOI information to create a new reference and attach the source PDF. Basic bibliography information will be added automatically for most journal articles, conference proceedings, conference papers and reports.
- Search the contents of attached PDF files. You’ll find a new option on the field list to search PDF files separately, or in combination with the reference data.
- Modify references easily in the new Quick Edit tab on the main library window. Use the tabs to preview formatted references, search your library and online resources, and now edit references-all without opening additional windows.
- Create new groups by comparing, combining or suppressing existing groups. The new smart groups are updated dynamically as your library grows.
- Transfer up to 10,000 references between the desktop and EndNote Web to share online groups with other EndNote users. Shared groups are now included when you Cite While You Write from EndNote Web.
- Expand your library retrieval results by adding wildcards within search terms.
- Edit references when comparing duplicates-copy/paste and save changes in the side-by-side view.
Cite While You Write enhancements include:
- Add hyperlinks between in-text citations and the bibliography reference in Microsoft Word using any journal style.
- Meet the complete APA 6th style requirements including specific handling of references with eight or more authors, hyphenated first names and DOI data.
For help using EndNote, visit our video tutorials at http://www.library.drexel.edu/resources/guides/healthsciencesguides/?page_id=148#tutorials or our EndNote help blog at http://www.library.drexel.edu/blogs/endnote/.