Philly AIDS Library 20th Anniversary - 6/28
I'd like to let you know about the AIDS Library 20th Anniversary on Thursday June 28th. Very timely as June happens to be AIDS Education Month. Way back when in graduate school, I was classmates with Jenny Pierce, who is a Librarian at the AIDS Library. I volunteered at the AIDS Library for a time as well.
I probably don't need to tell you about all of the important work that this group of people have accomplished in the past 20 years (www.aidslibrary.org).
Some event details:
4-5:15pm, 1233 Locust Street: Open House, showing the Library's new look - a brand new computer lab!
5:30-8:30pm, 1109 Walnut Street: cocktails from a delightful wine bar while sitting on fabulous furniture in the Matthew Izzo store. Fatima opens the evening of performance with belly dance; featured guest is River Huston.
Honorees – founders and people who took the AIDS Library to a new level:
· Heshie Zinman and John Cunningham, librarian, Co-founders
· Barbara Gittings, early donor: books for the AIDS Library of Philadelphia
· Elizabeth Eidelson, librarian, former Board President, AIDS Library of Philadelphia/AIDS Information Network
· Jenny Pierce, librarian, former Director of the AIDS Library and Critical Path Project, Philadelphia FIGHT
· Kiyoshi Kuromiya, Founder of Critical Path AIDS Project
· Rich Bauer, Critical Path Project Systems Administrator
· Mel Heifetz, current donor: computers for the Classroom
I hope you will consider attending, if only for the belly-dancing. ; )
(thanks to Sue Z. for the head's up about this and the snappy phrasing!)