Digital@Drexel: Presentation and Showcase - 11/18/11
What is Digital@Drexel?
Digital@Drexel is an informal group of individual Drexel research and teaching faculty, librarians, and archivists, who create, manage, and/or provide support for the unique digital content produced in research and class projects. The group has a diverse membership that works together to identify digital research and preservation needs, problems, opportunities and advances.
Digital@Drexel began in summer 2011 after faculty members and Drexel University Libraries identified a need to support the evolving digital culture and for managing the digital assets produced by the Drexel community.
9:30 AM - Digital Landscape and Content Strategy in Higher Education
A presentation by William Ying, Chief Information Officer and Vice President of Technology for ARTstor. Mr. Ying received his Doctorate of Engineering Science and Masters of Science from Columbia University and his Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering and Computer Science from Cornell University.
11:00 AM - 12:30 PM – Digital@Drexel
Showcasing digital projects from Drexel University faculty, students and staff including:
- Digital Cultural Heritage - Dr. Glen Muschio, Associate Professor, Westphal
- Augmented Avenue: Memories of Lancaster Avenue - Dr. Mimi Sheller, Director of the mCenter at Drexel
- Digital@iSchool - Dr. Xia Lin, Professor, iSchool at Drexel
- Seeking Women's History - The Legacy Center, Drexel University College of Medicine
- Leveraging Google Spreadsheets with Google Apps Scripts for Manipulating Chemical Information and other Bibliometric Tasks - Dr. Jean-Claude Bradley, Associate Professor, Chemistry
- Photographs of the Tidewater Granary Explosion - Drexel University Archives
- Interactive Technologies @ Drexel for Research, Learning, and Entertainment - Dr. Youngmoo Kim, Assistant Professor and Assistant Dean of Media Technologies
- Drexel Smart House
- More projects coming soon...
For more information, visit our website at www.library.drexel.edu/digitalatdrexel