Skip to main content
Drexel Library Libraries Home Button Drexel Health Sciences Search Services Get Help About
← Back to News and Events

Electronic Access to Full Text Dissertations & Theses

Author: Beth Ten Have, Director, Library Academic Partnerships

The Libraries has recently acquired electronic access to the full-text version of the ProQuest Dissertations & Theses (PQDT) database providing immediate access to over a million full-text dissertations and theses from institutions throughout North America. This will reduce the extra cost, effort and delay in purchasing copies or borrowing dissertations via InterLibrary Loan. Over 89,000 new items are added to the database annually; each year approximately 60% are doctoral dissertations and 40% are masters theses.  PQDT has broad discipline coverage as well with roughly 55% of newly added documents representing scholarship in the sciences and the remaining 45% representing scholarship in social sciences & humanities.

Previously, members of the Drexel community only had electronic and full-text access to  Drexel’s dissertations & theses and had to purchase items or use InterLibrary Loan to secure dissertations & theses from other institutions. For more information, contact Beth Ten Have at 215-895-2750.

Copyright © 2014 Drexel University  |   Privacy Policy

Powered by Drupal Druplicon icon

Powered by Drupal, an open source content management system