Bringing Departments Together with Research Connections
Drexel faculty are invited to join colleagues and liaison librarians for the opening of a renovated space in W. W. Hagerty Library. Research Connections, Room 210, is a designated faculty space within the library that provides faculty a collaborative environment for researchers from across the University to gather to reflect, share, present, and/or discuss research, interdisciplinary ideas or projects of mutual interest.
The room includes armchair seating for twelve, whiteboard and glass writing surfaces, a projector and a telephone hook-up for conference calls. Personal laptops may be used or borrowed from the Libraries’ kiosk or circulation desk. To learn more about this new space, contact the Libraries Administrative Office or come meet subject liaisons during a focused coffee hour as follows:
- Wednesday, May 8, from 3 to 4:30 PM – School of Information Science & Technology, Goodwin College and School of Education with Tim Siftar, Liaison Librarian for Education and Information Science and Technology
- Thursday, May 9, from 3 to 4:30 PM – Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design and School of Biomedical Engineering with Tom Ipri, Liaison Librarian for Media Arts and Design, and Jay Bhatt, Liaison Librarian for Engineering
- Monday, May 13, from 3 to 4:30 PM – School of Public Health, College of Nursing & Health Professions and Earle Mack School of Law with Kathleen Turner, Librarian for Health Sciences, and Gary Childs, Librarian for Health Sciences
- Tuesday, May 14, from 3 to 4:30 PM – College of Medicine and College of Arts & Sciences with Linda Katz, Associate Director, Health Science Partnerships; Steve Bogel, Librarian for Health Sciences; Larry Milliken, Liaison Librarian for Humanities and Social Sciences; and Peggy Dominy, Liaison Librarian for Science and Math
- Wednesday, May 15, from 3 to 4:30 PM – College of Engineering and LeBow College of Business with Jay Bhatt, Liaison Librarian for Engineering, and Emily Missner, Liaison Librarian for Business
Effective May 1, the Research Connections space, located on the second floor of W. W. Hagerty Library, is available to encourage faculty to connect over shared research interests and ideas. The space is available between 8 AM – 5 PM, Monday – Friday, and can be reserved in advance by contacting Tainesha Ware at (email@example.com) or 215.895.2750. Coffee and tea will be available daily, between 3 – 5 PM. Please drop by or reserve the room—not as an alternative for a regular seminar or class, or for a series of administrative meetings, but to explore whether the space will foster building connections among the Drexel research community. Feedback will be very welcome.