Drexel University will close at 4 p.m. on Monday, February 3, 2014 due to weather conditions. The Libraries will remain open, but some locations will have adjusted hours:
It's been a long, hard winter so far, and according to Punxatawney Phil, we still have at least a month to go. The University has been forced to close more often for bad weather this year than any of us can remember. With our short terms, we know that even though classes might have been cancelled, work still needs to go on. So how can the Drexel Libraries help you get your work done when the weather is bad?
As snow blanketed Philadelphia starting on Tuesday, January 22, Drexel University made the decision to cancel classes and close much of the campus. As the snow built up, the campus remained closed on Wednesday, January 23, 2014.
The Libraries were able to maintain essential functions during this time and W. W. Hagerty Library remained open on both days. Over 1,800 visitors entered the location during the two-day span and nearly 300 circulation transactions took place.
Drexel University is closed on January 22nd.
- W. W. Hagerty Library will be open from 4 p.m. - 10 p.m. *
- Queen Lane library will be closed *
- Hahnemann Library will be closed *
- Library Learning Terrace will be open normal hours.
*Access to 24-hour spaces will be contingent on the University’s schedule and public safety availability. If buildings remain open, these spaces will remain available.
Drexel University will close at 12 p.m. on Tuesday, January 21, 2013 due to weather conditions. The Libraries will remain open, but with adjusted hours:
- W. W. Hagerty Library will remain open until 12:00 a.m. [midnight]
- Queen Lane library will close at 12:00 p.m. *
- Hahnemann Library will close at 12:00 p.m. *
- The Bookmark Café and Library Learning Terrace will remain open dependent upon Public Safety security coverage.
The Libraries online chat services will be staff through the afternoon and evening.