Resources for Biomaterials II class on Biomedical Devices
Some Readings - Snapping Shrimp
- Snapping Shrimp Drown Out Sonar With Bubble-Popping Trick, Described In Science
- How snapping shrimp snap? What is the Physics behind snapping?
- Snapping Shrimp - Discovery of Sound in the Sea
- Bioacoustics - Acoustic Monitoring
- Biomedical Acoustics
- Biomedical Ultrasonics
- Doppler Ultrasound
- Medical Imaging
- Acoustic Monitoring - Underwater Acoustics Monitoring Tutorial
- Snapping Shrimp - an article from the Scientific American
- Protecting Whales from Dangerous Sonar NRDC's campaign to regulate harmful Navy sonar systems is headed to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- High Court Hears Navy Sonar Case
- Underwater Acoustics - U.S. Navy Ships
- Physics and Sound
- Underwater Acoustics
- Physics and Biology
- Acoustic* and bio*
- Acoustic Waves
- Acoustical Engineering
- Doppler Ultrasound
To find additional books, search in our online catalog using Advanced Keyword Searching and using appropriate research keywords.
- Click on Articles & More Tab in the Library Home page
- For example, type ‘Biomedical Ultrasonics’ and click on Search Library link.
- Refine your search results by selecting an option from the left column. For example, select ‘ebook’ option. You will see a listing with links to electronic books.
- Try Summon for quick search. For more in depth search, explore the resources below.
Click on the links below to access electronic books (Access only to Drexel faculty and students)
- ASM Materials Information
- Electronic Lectures on Biomedical Mechanics from Synthesis Digital Library
- Encyclopedia of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering
- Knovel: Engineering and Scientific Online References
Selected Electronic Books Organized by Subject
- Electronic Lectures on Biomedical Mechanics from Synthesis Digital Library Cardiology
- Orthopedic Surgery
Use databases below to find scholarly journal articles on the topic of your research project.
- American Physiological Journals
- Annual Reviews
- Biomaterials Properties Database from the University of Michigan
- Ei Compendex and INSPEC
- Google Scholar
- IEEE Xplore
- ILI Standards Infobase – ASTM and other standards
Please contact Jay Bhatt email@example.com to check if the availability of the standard you are looking for.
- Journal Citation Reports
- MEDLINE via ISI Web of Knowledge
- Web of Science
(Search in Journal Citation Reports section to locate journals with high impact factors in a particular area)
- Wiley Interscience
Brief description for electronic databases: Various Electronic Databases
Obtaining articles not available in the Library
- How do I obtain Full papers from the Proceedings of the SPIE, other conferences and journal papers that are not available in the library?
- Refworks (RefWorks is a web-based software application that helps you manage citations. It helps you keep track of the sources you are using for your research and your own notes about the sources)
- Refworks Tutorials
Guidelines for using images in web pages, presentations and instruction
Resources for Engineering EthicsUse the Online Catalog to find book sand other materials available in the library. To find resources on a particular topic, search in the online catalog using 'Advanced Keyword Searching' feature
The mission of the National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB) is to improve health by leading the development and accelerating the application of biomedical technologies.
Scirus is a comprehensive science and engineering specific search engine that searches open-access websites as well as peer-reviewed content from publisher sites. You can also search and retrieve patents using Scirus.
Signal Transduction Knowledge Environment (STKE)
Resources come from over 600 contributors in the nanoscience community, and are used by thousands of users from over 170 countries around the world. Most of our users come from academic institutions and use nanoHUB as part of their research and educational activities.
Engineering Library Instruction blog