Biomedical Engineering Senior Design Center
Proposed Senior Design Projects
Senior Design Evaluator Form - Written Report Rubric
Groupwork Survival Guide
Recommended information resources for students in 'Research Experience for Undergraduates: DREAM, SENSORS and Engineering Cities' programs
Schedule for the RET class in the Library
University of Pennsylvania's Engineering Library
Click on the links below to see what books are available in the library in some key areas.
- Proposal Writing
- Biomaterials and Tissue
- Micro* and Fluid*
- Carbon Nanotubes
- Wireless Communications
To find additional books on any topics, search in our online catalog using Advanced Keyword searching .
- Click on Articles & More Tab in the Library Home page
- For example, type ‘Nanomaterials’ and click on Search Library link.
- Refine your search results by selecting an option from the left column. For example, select ‘ebook’ option. You will see a listing with links to electronic books.
- Try Summon for quick search. For more in depth search, explore the resources below.
Grant and Funding Opportunities
- NSF Fastlane Award Search and Funding Trends
FastLane covers the full range of transactions between a research organization, its researchers, and NSF. See also Grant Proposal Guide.
- Funding: NSF Specialized information for K-12 educators
- Community of Science (COS) Scholar Universe
A database for researchers which includes an expertise directory, funding opportunities, MEDLINE and the Federal Register.
- What is Community of Science (COS) Scholar Universe? How can I find out where I can present my papers?
- How do I locate funding opportunities for research or travel grants to assist me in planning for participating in conferences?
- CoS Expertise
Detailed professional information about nearly 480,000 scientists, scholars and researchers.
- CoS Funding Opportunities
A searchable and browsable database of funding information.
- Databases/Indexes for Funding
See also Research Guides for Grants and Prospect Research
- Encyclopedia of Associations Online
Contains information for approximately 460,000 international and U.S. national, regional, state, and local nonprofit membership organizations in all fields, including IRS data on U.S. 501(c) nonprofit organizations.
- Funding Resources for Teachers
This document provides a list of various web sites to help find information funding and grants.
Engineering information resources
What is FSAE?
Formula SAE is a student design competition organized by SAE International (formerly Society of Automotive Engineers). The first competition was started back in 1978 and was originally called the Mini Indy.The concept behind Formula SAE is that a fictional manufacturing company has contracted a design team to develop a small Formula-style race car.
The prototype race car is to be evaluated for its potential as a production item.
Resources for Engineering Ethics
Recently, our RET fellow Paul Holt participated in a program through NASA's Reduced Gravity Office and the U.S. Department of Energy's Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory.
He sent me an email highlighting what he did:
The program that I participated in was through NASA's Reduced Gravity Office and the U.S. Department of Energy's Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory. I worked with three other teachers from Philadelphia to design and build an experiment to bring on NASA's Zero Gravity plane.
Appropriate Technoloy resources for students involved in projects for Engineering Without Borders
The Drexel Smart House is a unique multidisciplinary project working toward the goal of creating a building that functions like a home and serves as a laboratory to continually conduct research on innovations to the home experience.
Engineering Library Instruction blog