Finding Academic/Scholarly Articles
- ABI/INFORM Global -- ELECTRONIC ABI/inform is the database to use when looking for a broad range of types of articles from scholarly, trade, and popular business publications. It contains full-text articles from over 600 business publications as well as abstracts and citations for over 1800 publications. To limit to academic articles, you can either check the box in the search screen, or you can wait until you have your results to sort the articles to show academic articles only.
- Business Source Complete -- ELECTRONIC This database offer indexes to 7,800 scholarly business journals (including the Harvard Business Review) covering management, economics, finance, accounting, and international business including full text for nearly 1,125 peer-reviewed business publications. To limit to scholarly journals only, be sure to check the box on the search page.
- EconLit -- ELECTRONIC EconLit indexes over 400 major journals in economics as well as articles in collective volumes (essays, proceedings, etc.), books, book reviews, dissertations, and working papers. EconLit does not have the full text of articles, but you should use the SFX link with each citation to see the full text in another database.
- Emerald Fulltext -- ELECTRONIC Emerald Insight is an electronic collection of journals published by MCB University Press and includes upwards of 50,000 articles from over 160 journals.
- Google Scholar -- ELECTRONIC Google Scholar provides the easy usability of Google searching limited to only scholarly publications. To link back to full text articles in the Drexel Libraries' databases, you'll have to add Drexel in the Library Links section of Scholar Preferences. This can be a powerful search tool, but it works especially well when you're doing a very defined search.
- Business & Industry -- ELECTRONIC This database focuses on mainly marketing and advertising with articles from over 600 trade and business sources covering a variety of major industries. You can keyword search in the top search box or use the pull-down menus to create your search. Note: 5 concurrent users maximum.
- ABI/INFORM Trade & Industry -- ELECTRONIC Search more than 750 business periodicals and newsletters with a trade or industry focus. You can search this easy-to-use database the same way you'd search ProQuest Research Library.
- The Economist Historical Archive 1843-2003 -- ELECTRONIC The Economist Historical Backfile contains every issue, page, word, and image published in The Economist from 1843-2003. The excellent search feature allows users to do keyword searches or complicated Boolean searching.
- Factiva -- ELECTRONIC Global news and business information service that combines the content sets of Dow Jones Interactive and Reuters Business Briefing. Includes The Wall Street Journal,, Financial Times, Dow Jones and Reuters newswires and the Associated Press, as well as Reuters Fundamentals, D&B, and Bureau van Dijk company profiles. Note: 11 concurrent users maximum.
- LexisNexis Academic Universe -- ELECTRONIC Large database providing extensive coverage of news publications, news transcripts, and company information, including access to The New York Times and the Financial Times. Click on the "news" tab for more specific searching.
- ABI/INFORM Dateline -- ELECTRONIC Proquest journal collection that focuses on hard-to-find local and regional business and news coverage.
- Regional Business News -- ELECTRONIC Regional Business News incorporates 75 business journals, newspapers and newswires covering all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States.
- Philadelphia Inquirer via NewsBank -- ELECTRONIC Searchable archives for the Philadelphia Inquirer. Click "Philadelphia Inquirer, The (PA)" to enter.
Content Editor: Emily Missner
Last Updated: 04/17/2013