Searching the catalog for books on economics:
- Try a keyword search: economic and baseball economic* and market*
- Try a subject search: China -- Economic policy Globalization -- Economic aspects
- Browse the stacks: Economic theory -- HBs Economic history and conditions -- HCs
- ABI/Inform Global -- ELECTRONIC ABI/Inform is the database to use when looking for a broad range of articles from scholarly, trade, and popular business publications. It contains full text articles from over 600 business publications as well as abstracts and citations for over 1300 publications.
- Business Source Complete -- ELECTRONIC This database offer indexes to 3,800 scholarly business journals (including the Harvard Business Review) covering management, economics, finance, accounting, and international business including full text for nearly 1,100 peer-reviewed business publications.
- EconLit -- ELECTRONIC EconLit indexes over 400 major journals in economics as well as articles in collective volumes (essays, proceedings, etc.), books, book reviews, dissertations, and working papers. Use the SFX link with each citation to see the full text.
- JSTOR -- ELECTRONIC This database of full text scholary journals offers .pdf files beginning with the first issue of each publication. It features extensive back files. Notable business publications include: The Journal of Business; The Journal of Finance; and The Quarterly Journal of Economics.
- Bureau of Economic Analysis -- WWW The nation’s "economic accountant," the BEA prepares estimates of key national, international, and regional aspects of the US economy.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics -- WWW An independent national statistical agency that collects, processes, analyzes, and disseminates statistical data for the Department of Labor.
- Census Bureau -- WWW Use this site to access a variety of demographic and business statistics collected the Census Bureau.
- CountryWatch -- ELECTRONIC Looking for a quick tipsheet on US economic statistics? CountryWatch is a good place to start. Use the pull-down menu at the top right corner of the screen to choose "United States.You'll find overviews of the US economic, political, environmental, and investment situations.
- Economic Statistics Briefing Room -- WWW Provides quick access to current federal economic indicators produced by a number of federal agencies. Important economic indicators include employment, money, transportation, and production.
- NBER Data Links -- WWW The National Bureau of Economic Research offers links to a variety of US economic statistical sets as well NBER's own collection of data sets.
- CountryWatch -- ELECTRONIC This database offers succinct, yet detailed, snapshots of 192 countries from around the world. Included is information are overviews on each country's economic, political, environmental, and investment situations. Use the pull-down menu on the top right corner of the screen to look up countries.
- CIA World Factbook -- WWW The Central Intelligence Agency's World Factbook contains statistical and textual information on the countries of the world. Information on economic, population, and geographic topics can be found within this resource.
- Global Market Information Database -- ELECTRONIC GMID has it all: up-to-date statistics, quantitative reports, analyst comments, and company and industry information on international companies and markets. Use the menus to quickly navigate to the information you need.
- International Financial Statistics -- ELECTRONIC IFS database contains 32,000 time series covering more than 200 countries and areas. This database mirrors the information in the IFS Yearbook, but makes the data flexible and searchable. A variety of menus will help you define your search.
- International Financial Statistics Yearbook -- Print REF HG3881 .I574 Annual compilation of detailed financial statistics from the IMF. Includes 30 years of data.
- International Trade Administration --- WWW Trade statistics and other international business information from a division of the US Department of Commerce.
- OECD Statistics -- WWW Statistical data on the member countries of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development.
- World Bank Data -- WWW Formerly accessed at the World Bank Indicators (WDI) database, World Bank Data provides statistical data including over 550 development indicators and time series data from 1960-2000. Data sets are from over 200 countries and 18 country groups.
Content Editor: Emily Missner
Last Updated: 03/28/2013