- Finding Books
- Finding Articles
- Trademarks and Trade Names
- Market Share and Market Size
- Consumer and Demographic Information
- Market Research Reports
Searching the catalog for books on advertising and marketing:
- Try a keyword search: fashion and marketing advertising and globalization
- Try a subject search: Advertising Campaigns Advertising Agencies -- Case Studies
- Browse the stacks: Marketing -- HF5413 Advertising -- HF5821
- ABI/Inform Global -- ELECTRONIC ABI/inform is the database to use when looking for a broad range of types of articles from scholarly, trade, and popular business publications. It contains full-text articles from over 600 business publications as well as abstracts and citations for over 1300 publications.
- Business Insights -- ELECTRONIC Formerly Business and Company Resource Center, Business Insights is a handy database to use when searching for advertising and marketing information on a specific company, especially if the company is fairly sizeable. The database focuses on trade and popular publications along with some scholarly journals as well.
- Business & Industry -- ELECTRONIC This database focuses on marketing and advertising. Along with articles from over 600 trade and business sources covering a variety of major industries, you can use Business & Industry to find market and product information as well. You can keyword search in the top search box or use the pull-down menus to create your search.
- Business Source Complete -- ELECTRONIC This database offer indexes to 3,800 scholarly business journals (including the Harvard Business Review) covering management, economics, finance, accounting, and international business including full text for nearly 1,100 peer-reviewed business publications.
Trademarks and Trade Names
- Patent, copyright and trademark -- PRINT/ELECTRONIC Reference KF2980 .P37
- Trademark : legal care for your business & product name -- PRINT Reference KF3180.Z9 M28
- TESS -- WWW TESS, the Trademark Electronic Search System of the United States Patent Office. You can use TESS to search for trademark application and registration information filed with the US government. You can do a simple keyword search or try a more complicated Boolean search.
Market Share and Market Size
- Business Insights -- ELECTRONIC Business Insights is the place for finding Market Share Reporter. Search by company or industry and use the "market share" link to see market share reports.
- Business & Industry -- ELECTRONIC To find information on market share in Business & Industry, use the "concept terms" pull-down menu to choose "market share." You can use other menus to further focus your search including selecting "ranking" from the "document type" menu, or selecting an industry. If you are completely overwhelmed by the enormous and confusing menu system, you can also just do a keyword search on the very top of the search screen.
- Tablebase -- ELECTRONIC Tablebase is a product related to Business & Industry, however instead of providing the fulltext of articles, Tablebase specializes in charts and tabular information culled from a variety of difference sources. To find market share information, use the "concept terms" pull-down menu to select "market share" combined with an industry from the "industry" menu or with a company, which you can enter into the "words and phrases" box on the top of the search screen.
Consumer and Demographic Information
- Best Places -- WWW This handy Website provides demographic information for over 3,000 cities across the United States. Among other statistics, it offers income, median home costs, and racial breakdowns. Even the number of Starbucks are tallied. You can also look at two cities at the same time, for quick and easy comparisons.
- Business & Industry -- ELECTRONIC To find demographic or consumer information in Business & Industry, use the "concept terms" pull-down menu to choose "demographics." You can use other menus to further focus your search including selecting "ranking" from the "document type" menu, or selecting a geo region.
- Mintel Reports -- ELECTRONIC Mintel Reports offers several lifestyles-oriented market research reports including American Lifestyles, Baby Boomers and Health, and Teen Consumers. Note: You must sign up for your own individual login to use this database.
- ESRI Business Analyst -- ELECTRONIC Business Analyst is a web-based mapping application for creating high-quality thematic maps and reports using demographic, business, and marketing data. Explore how to pursue lines of research inquiry and problem solve using this basic, yet powerful geographic information system. Data is also exportable into Excel.
- Tablebase -- ELECTRONIC Tablebase is a product related to Business & Industry, however instead of providing the fulltext of articles, Tablebase specializes in charts and tabular information culled from a variety of difference sources. To find market share information, use the "concept terms" pull-down menu to select "demographics" combined with a geo region or with a product type, which you can enter into the "words and phrases" box on the top of the search screen.
Market Research Reports
- Mintel Reports -- ELECTRONIC Mintel Reports is an excellent database for finding market research reports on the following subjects: consumer goods, travel and tourism, retail, and food and drink. Each report includes sections on market drivers, market size and trends, market segmentation, and advertising and promotion. Note: You must sign up for your own individual login to use this database.
Content Editor: Emily Missner
Last Updated: 03/28/2013