- Professional Associations
- Job Listings & More
- Online Company Directories
- Suggested Industry Codes
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) This site, from the journal Science, has a ton of resources on obtaining a job in every field in the sciences. From downloadable booklets on Science careers to its various job boards to career advice and job market tips, this site is an ideal place to get started looking into a career in the Sciences.
- Association for the Advancement of Medical InstrumentationAAMI is dedicated to increasing the understanding, safety, and efficacy of medical instrumentation. Browse their Career Center here.
- Biomedical Engineering Society In response to a manifest need to provide a society that gave equal status to representatives of both biomedical and engineering interests, the Biomedical Engineering Society was incorporated in Illinois on February 1, 1968. As stated in the Articles of Incorporation, the purpose of the Society is: “To promote the increase of biomedical engineering knowledge and its utilization.” Access their job board here. Includes some international listings.
- The International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM) The International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine is a nonprofit professional association devoted to furthering the development and application of magnetic resonance techniques in medicine and biology. The Society holds annual scientific meetings and sponsors other major educational and scientific workshops. Post your CV & browse their job listings here. Includes international listings.
- Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America (RESNA) RESNA is an interdisciplinary association of people with a common interest in technology and disability. Their purpose is to improve the potential of people with disabilities to achieve their goals through the use of technology. They serve that purpose by promoting research, development, education, advocacy and provision of technology; and by supporting the people engaged in these activities. Browse their JobBank here.
- Society for Biomaterials The Society For Biomaterials is a professional society which promotes advances in all phases of materials research and development by encouragement of cooperative educational programs, clinical applications, and professional standards in the biomaterials field. Check out their Career Center for jobs in biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, nanobiotechnology, and the life sciences.
- 50 Best Engineering Job Sites A substantial list of Engineering job sites for you to peruse and find your perfect engineering job.
- BMEnet: The Biomedical Engineering Network This excellent web resource is sparse in design but full in content of information. Included on the site are links to international BME consortiums and societies, conferences, academic grants, and career tips. Browse their job openings here.
- DeviceSpace DeviceSpace is the premier online community for the Medical Device and Diagnostics industries. It features a comprehensive Career Network for industry professionals and employers, and delivers through user-friendly navigation daily news, events, company profiles, stocks, blogs and other relevant information from the sector. DeviceSpace also hosts Medical Device Career Fairs throughout the US.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Jobs You will find a variety of jobs suitable to biomedical engineers. For example, try "device" as a keyword.
- Nanomedicine Research Portal Check this website for up-to-date news, scholarly articles and job postings in the field of nanomedicine.
- The National Academies: Science & Engineering The National Academies have published several reports related to career planning, including a series of publications ranking U.S. doctoral programs in several different disciplines. Other topics include scientific ethics and the experiences of women in science, engineering and medicine.
- The National Institute for Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering The NIBIB is an Institute within the National Institutes of Health (NIH) devoted to merging the physical and biological sciences to develop new technologies that improve health. This website contains information about the organization and its mission, research and training, grant opportunities, breaking news, publications and events.
- NewScientist Jobs Use this site to search for jobs by region, scientific discipline and job sector. Includes international listings.
- MBBNet: Minnesota Biomedical and Bioscience Network MBBNet is an effort to network biomedical, bioscience, and related science-based industries, to connect faculty, students, and entrepreneurs with these industries, and to market Minnesota globally over the Internet. See their 'directory menu' for a lists of companies in the industry.
- Pennsylvania Bio Pennsylvania Bio brings together a variety of PA's bioscience companies - research, emerging companies, mature industry and global pharmaceuticals, to create a unique and vibrant community. You should view their member listing as a list of potential employers!
- Qmed Qmed is a medical device industry supplier directory.
Use one of our company directories or library databases such as D&B Million Dollar Database to generate a list of potential employers. Specify your location criteria and your industry criteria. Try one of the suggested industry codes below to specify your industry of choice. You can also search for additional SIC and NAICS codes.
|SIC Codes||NAICS Codes|
|Research & Laboratories|
All books listed below can be found at the Careers Collection unless otherwise noted. Use the call number (listed below the title) to help you find the book on the shelf.
- Becoming Leaders: A Practical Handbook for Women in Engineering, Science, & Technology-- PRINT
- Career Development in Bioengineering and Biotechnology-- PRINT
- Career Opportunities in Clinical Drug Research-- PRINT
- Career Success in Engineering-- PRINT
- Careers in Biotech and Pharmaceuticals -- PRINT
- Careers in Biotechnology and Drug Development-- PRINT
- Engineering Your Future: The Non-Technical Side of Professional Practice in Engineering and Other Technical Fields-- PRINT
- Is There an Engineer Inside You?: A Comprehensive Guide to Career Decisions in Engineering -- PRINT
- NACE Job Choices 2012: Science-- E-BOOK
- Opportunities in Biotechnology Careers -- E-BOOK
- Opportunities in Engineering Careers -- PRINT/E-BOOK
- Opportunities in Pharmacy Careers -- PRINT
- Peterson's Job Opportunities: Engineering and Computer Science -- PRINT
- Peterson's Job Opportunities: Health and Science -- PRINT
- Real-Resumes for Engineering Jobs -- PRINT
- Resumes for Engineering Careers: With Sample Cover Letters -- PRINT
- The WetFeet Insider Guide to the Top 20 Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Firms -- E-BOOK
- Vault Career Guide to Biotechnology -- PRINT
Content Editor: Brendan Johnson
Last Updated: 03/14/2014