Interested in Biomedical Engineering? Check out our Biomedical Engineering Research Guide for additional resources!
- ExploreHealthCareers.org– WWW
Are you looking to explore your options in the health sciences field? This website provides career overviews and links to resources for learning more.
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)– WWW
One of the largest professional associations for Nurses in the country, the AANP has a fantastic CareerLink page which provides a job board for nurses as well as tons of other career resources and networking opportunities.
- American Nurses Association (ANA)– WWW
The ANA’s Nurses Career Center is a great place to look for all types of nursing jobs throughout the country. Also make sure to check out their career resources as well.
- Discover Nursing– WWW
Provides brief descriptions of almost every type of nursing including professional associations for each kind.
- Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics- WWW
One of the largest organizations for those interested in the field of nutrition and dietetics, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has an excellent Career Center and with tons of great career resources.
- Association of Nutrition & Foodservice Professionals- WWW
The ANFP is a great resource for those Nutrition majors looking to work in a large community setting such as schools & hospitals. The site also lists many Career Planner and offers resume and interview tips.
- American Counseling Association– WWW
Great site for everyone looking into a career in any field of counseling. The ACA’s website provides a Career Center as well as a page for professional development in the field.
- American Public Health Association– WWW
The APHA site has its own job board as well as numerous job postings and career development resources to help you take that next step into your ideal career in the Public Health field.
- American Veterinary Medical Association– WWW
Excellent site for those looking into a career in Veterinary medicine. The AVMA has its own job board, job search tips, and career development resources.
- NursingJobs.org– WWW
A huge resource for nurses looking for jobs, with thousands of job postings, a resume posting service and a forum to get an inside scoop on the field.
- Nurse.com– WWW
Another massive site which provides access to thousands of nursing job postings as well as general career resources to learn about every aspect of the field.
- Nutrition Jobs — WWW
Look for jobs in every area of nutrition and get some extra help on your job search.
- Dietician Central — WWW
Great site for jobs as well as educational opportunities & other current resources on the field.
- Center for Disease Control – WWW
The CDC is one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the United States and the world. Check out their jobs and career resources in a number of different areas of Public Health.
- Public Health Jobs — WWW
Browse through hundreds of jobs in all areas of the Public Health field.
- Vet.com– WWW
A site that provides a very comprehensive list of links to several veterinary medicine job sites. Note: some of the links provided are broken or those sites no longer exist.
- University of Washington- School of Public Health: Lots of advice, do’s & dont's and 4 different resume samples with different styles.
- University of Minnesota- School of Public Health: While it only provides one example, this site has tons of great advice and answers to questions about resumes.
Health Services Administration
- ResumeMyCareer.com: Though the formatting is not the best in this sample, it provides a lot of good example of what details to include in your resume.
- Strayer University: Provides examples for several different majors including health services administration. You can download the resume as a word document as well.
- CanDoCareer.com: Very detailed example of a resume for health sciences administration.
- University of California, San Francisco: Provides several resume samples and Thank You letter samples.
- Monster.com: Very detailed example of a Physical therapy resume.
- ThePALife.com: A good, detailed resume sample, though you have to "like" the site in order to download the whole sample, since it’s two pages.
- Slideshare.net: A solid example of a physician assistant resume format. However, it does not provide much detailed information as an example of what to include in the resume.
General Health Science (for Undergraduates)
- University of California- Davis: A collection of 4 resume samples, the first 3 of which are health sciences-related.
- DocStoc.com: Solid example of a health sciences resume with good details.
- Marquette University: Provides lists of action word statements that could be included on a resume for different health sciences disciplines, including physician assisstant & physical therapy. Does not actually provide a resume sample though.
- St. Mary’s College of California, Moraga: Another solid example of a pre-physical therapy resume.
- AdmissionsHelpers.com: Provides great examples of what topics to include and how to organize it, but does not provide much detail.
- University of Missouri: Set of resume samples, one of which (page 6) is a pre-med resume.
Use one of our company directories or library databases such as D&B Million Dollar Database to generate a list of potential employers. Specify your location criteria and your industry criteria. Try one of the suggested industry codes below to specify your industry of choice. You can also search for additional SIC and NAICS codes.
Looking for other industry codes? Check out the Biomedical Engineering or Psychology guides.
|SIC Codes||NAICS Codes|
- Health Care Careers- 2010/2011 Directory—PRINT
- Health Professions Admissions Guide— PRINT
- Health Care Job Explosion!—PRINT
- The Faces of Public Health—PRINT
- Career Opportunities in Health Care—PRINT
- Peterson’s Job Opportunities of Health and Science Majors—PRINT
- Medical Professions Admissions Guide—PRINT
- Career Paths in Psychology—PRINT
Make sure to check out the Hahnemann Career Collection for even more resources on Health Science Careers!
Content Editor: Brendan Johnson
Last Updated: 03/14/2014