Interested in Legal Studies? Check out our Business Administration & Legal Services Research Guide for additional resources!
Interested in working abroad? Check out our International Job Search Research Guide for additional resources!
- American Historical Association– WWW
AHA provides leadership and advocacy for the profession, fights to ensure academic freedom, monitors professional standards, spearheads essential research in the field, and provides resources and services to help its members succeed. Their website features a comprehensive list of doctoral history programs in the U.S. and Canada, a guide to Careers for History Majors, and other employment information.
- NCPH– WWW
The NCPH is an organization which promotes the field of public history in museums, at historic sites, and in classrooms. In addition to having resources discussing public history as a profession, they also have an excellent Jobs & Training site for public history scholarship and jobs and internships across the country and beyond.
- Smithsonian Institute– WWW
The Smithsonian Institute is one of the largest collections of museums and galleries in the United States and the world. With museums and archives on every subject, there is a spot for anyone interested in working in a museum. Check out their Career Center for information on jobs and internships.
- Society of American Archivists– WWW
The SAA is the oldest and largest society for archives and archivists. In addition to information about the archives profession, they also have a Career Center for archives positions.
- American Political Science Association– WWW
The American Political Science Association is the leading professional organization for the study of political science. Their website features information on Careers in Political Science, articles from APSA journals on Careers, Jobs, and Networking, internship resources, an APSA Mentor program, and other job resources.
- American Society for Public Administration– WWW
The ASPA is one of the largest associations for those interested in pursuing a career in public administration. It has a Careers page as well as links to the different chapters throughout the US and opportunities for students to get involved in the association.
- US State Department– WWW
Great resource for those looking to work with different people from different cultures to solve some of the worlds biggest problems.
- Try searching for “U.S.-X Trade Council,” “U.S.-X Business Council,” “American Chamber of Commerce in X,” or “X Chamber of Commerce in America” in Google or other search engines.
- Idealist.org– WWW
Search for internships, jobs, volunteer opportunities, and more with nonprofit and community organizations from around the world.
- USAJOBS.gov– WWW
USAJOBS is the Federal Government’s official one-stop source for Federal jobs and employment information. Also check out their site for current students and recent graduates.
- Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance Job Bank– WWW
The Job Bank is our region’s resource of job opportunities in the arts and culture industry. You’ll find opportunities at museums, theaters, historic sites, art galleries, dance organizations, community centers and much, much more.
- HistoryJobs.org– WWW
Search different types of jobs in History from across the web.
- Public Service Careers– WWW
Excellent site for anyone looking for a public service career! In addition to a job board, the site also provides a Career Resources & Advice section as well as information on public service careers and related degrees.
- United Nations: Careers– WWW
For those looking for an international career that makes a different in the world, working for the United Nations might be a good place to consider. Check out the UN Career Center for information on the different jobs and career paths within the United Nations, as well as other career resources.
|SIC Codes||NAICS Codes|
|International Area Studies|
- Alternatives to the Peace Corps: A Guide to Global Career Opportunities– PRINT
- Career Diplomacy: Life and Work in the U.S. Foreign Service– PRINT
- Career Opportunities in Politics, Government, & Activism– PRINT
- Careers and the Study of Political Science: A Guide for Undergraduates– PRINT
- Careers in International Affairs– PRINT and E-BOOK
- Careers in International Business– PRINT
- The Global Citizen: A Guide to Creating an International Life and Career– PRINT
- Great Jobs for History Majors– PRINT
- The Insider's Guide to Political Internships: What to do once You're in the Door– PRINT
- The Insider's Guide to Political Jobs in Washington– PRINT
- International Jobs: Where They Are, How to Get Them– PRINT
- Internships in International Affairs– PRINT
- How to Live your Dream of Volunteering Oversears– PRINT
- Museum Careers: A Practical Guide for Students and Novices– PRINT
- The Nonprofit Career Guide: How to Land a Job that Makes a Difference– PRINT
- Opportunities in Museum Careers– PRINT
- "So What Are You Going to do with That?" : Finding Careers Outside Academia– PRINT
- Vault Guide to International Careers- PRINT (also available electronically through Vault Career Insider)
- What to Do with Your History or Political Science Degree– PRINT
- Working World: Careers in International Education, Exchange, and Development– E-BOOK
Content Editor: Brendan Johnson
Last Updated: 05/29/2013