- Interview Advice, Tips & Questions- WWW
Browse these online resources from About.com for a variety of tips and advice on how to conduct interviews.
Glassdoor reveals actual interview questions and hiring details from many companies, as well as salary information.
Hired4Sure calls themselves the “Interview Questions & Answers Site.” Pretty simple concept: anyone can submit interview questions they’ve experienced, along with the occupation, industry, and company that it came from. This creates a knowledge base for other potential interviewees, and anyone can search it for free! It’s pretty heavy on the IT/software industries, but there is a little bit of everything in there.
- Monster: Interview
Advice from Monster.com on how to prepare for a job interview.
- Riley Guide: Network, Interview, Negotiate
A listing of websites with helpful interviewing advice.
- SYMS Dress to Achieve
This site was created to educate college students about the basics of proper dress so that they might present themselves in the best possible light during job interviews.
Before you go out for your interview, you want to research the company to be as well-informed as possible. The following databases are great places to conduct your research.
- Hoovers -- ELECTRONIC While you can search for companies like Million Dollar, Hoover's real strength is the information it provides on those companies including company overviews, news & press, lists of competitors, an extensive list of company contacts and more.
Select the “Companies/Markets” tab on the top of the screen to search for your company with their symbol. Use the interactive graph on the right side of the screen to look at articles about the company that were published on any given day on the chart. Very useful and interesting.
- 101 Smart Questions to Ask on Your Interview — PRINT
- 301 Smart Answers to Tough Interview Questions – PRINT
- Can I Wear My Nose Ring to the Interview?– PRINT
- The Everything Practice Interview Book — PRINT
- Great Answers! Great Questions! For Your Job Interview — PRINT
- Knock ‘em Dead — PRINT
- Interview Magic — PRINT
- Interviewing for Success — PRINT
- Monster Careers: Interviewing — PRINT
- Nail the Job Interview! — PRINT/E-BOOK
- Next-day Job Interview — PRINT
- Tell Me About Yourself: Storytelling to Get Jobs and Propel Your Career– PRINT
Content Editor: Brendan Johnson
Last Updated: 03/13/2014