- General Resources
- Finding Books
- Finding Articles
- Materials-Specific Databases
- Handbooks and Encyclopedias
- For more information about materials-related resources held by Drexel Libraries, including physical properties data, please see our Materials Science & Engineering Research Guide. For help using Drexel Libraries or with the research process in general, try the following links. Or, ask a librarian...
- Searching the catalog for books on engineering:
- Try a keyword search:
- Try a subject search:
- Composite Materials
- Include the type of book you are looking for:
- ceramics AND handbook concrete AND standards
- Use truncation for more results:
- metal* retrieves... metal, metals, metallic, etc.
- Or, browse ebook collections:
- ENGnetBASE: CRC Engineering Handbooks Online Knovel: Engineering & Scientific Online References Ebrary: an extensive ebook collection covering all subjects
- This page focuses on resources which have specific usefulness to the Materials Engineering community. However, many general, interdisciplinary engineering resources are useful for all engineers, regardless of their specialty. For example, Engineering Village is a superb database for scholarly articles, handbooks, patents, standards, and more. For general engineering resources, please see our Fundamentals of Engineering Research guide.
- Ceramic Abstracts/World Ceramics Abstracts -- ELECTRONIC Comprehensive database for the ceramics industry, providing international coverage on the manufacture, processing, applications, properties and testing of traditional and advanced ceramics.
- CSA Materials Research Database -- ELECTRONIC The CSA Materials Research Database with METADEX brings together in one place the majority of the leading materials science databases, with specialist content on materials science, metallurgy, ceramics, polymers, and composites used in engineering application. Everything from raw materials and refining through processing, welding and fabrication to end use, corrosion, performance and recycling is covered in depth for all metals, alloys, polymers, ceramics, and composites.
- Materials Business File -- ELECTRONIC Industry news, international trade data, government regulations and management issues related to the metals and materials industries.
- MatWeb -- WWW Provides property data on over 13,000 materials.
- ASM Handbooks (American Society for Metals) -- ELECTRONIC Reference information on metals and materials: data and guidance on properties, processing, performance, selection, analysis, and applications.
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics-- PRINT, ELECTRONIC A ready-reference book of chemical and physical data. You may want to view the Properties of Solids section of the handbook.
- CRC Materials Science and Engineering Handbook -- PRINT, ELECTRONIC This handbook covers properties of materials and selection of materials; categories include Composition, Thermodynamics and Kinetics, Thermal Properties, Mechanical Properties, Electrical Properties, Optical Properties and Chemical Properties.
- Encyclopedia of Materials: Science and Technology -- ELECTRONIC Extensive coverage of the properties of materials and their manufacture and application.
- Engineered Materials Handbook -- PRINT, ELECTRONIC Volume 1 focuses on composites, volume 2 focuses on engineering plastics and volume 4 is on ceramics and glasses.
- Knovel: Engineering & Scientific Online References -- ELECTRONIC Database of some of the leading engineering reference handbooks, databases, and conference proceedings. Includes substantial Materials Science content.
- Materials Handbook: An Encyclopedia For Managers, Technical Professionals, Purchasing And Production Managers, Technicians And Supervisors -- PRINT Each material entry gives composition, method of production, major properties, and uses.
- Material Selection Charts -- WWW Interactive charts enable you to interactively 'explode' particular classes of materials, give brief definitions of the properties on the chart, provide general information about each chart and some insights into the physical reasons underlying it
- MATERIALSnetBASE -- ELECTRONIC Includes 55 fully-searchable ebooks on the topics of Materials Science, Packaging, and all aspects of Engineering.
- Nanomaterials Handbook -- PRINT Exploring both commercially available and emerging materials, the Nanomaterials Handbook delves into the unique properties of materials that are realized at the nano level using language familiar to materials scientists.
- Smithells Metals Reference Book -- PRINT, ELECTRONIC This is the standard reference work for metallurgists in academia and industry throughout the world. It includes comprehensive data on the physical, electrical, mechanical, and magnetic properties of metals.
Content Editor: Jay Bhatt
Last Updated: 10/31/2012