- Academic and Professional Associations
- Drexel University College of Nursing and Health Professions: Health Sciences and Health Administration
- ABI/INFORM Trade & Industry -- Business periodicals and newsletters with a trade or industry focus, including healthcare trade publications.
- Business & Industry -- A multi-industry, international database that provides access to company, industry, market, and product information. Covers over 1000 leading trade and business sources (can focus search to Health Care Delivery, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical, etc.).
- Business Source Premier -- more than 7,800 full text scholarly publications, including more than 1,125 peer-reviewed journals; includes healthcare industry academic and trade publications.
- CCH Health and Human Resources NetWork -- Current awareness tools (i.e., looseleaf services) and full text of primary law in the areas of U.S. employee benefits, employment law, food and drug regulation, health care administration, health law, labor law, medical device regulation, occupational safety, payroll administration, pension administration, and unemployment insurance. Also includes downloadable interactive forms on OSHA compliance, U.S. federal pension and benefits administration, and U.S. federal and state employment, human resources, and payroll functions.
- CINAHL (Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature) -- Indexes/abstracts books, journals and dissertations in nursing, physical therapy, medical technology and allied health areas.
- Cochrane Library -- The Cochrane Library is a collection of databases that contain high-quality, independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making. Includes:
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews
- Cochrane Methodology Register
- DARE (Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effectiveness)
- Health Technology Assessment
- NHS Economic Evaluation Database
- ETHX on the Web -- A Bibliographic Database on Bioethics and Professional Ethics.
- HealthSTAR -- contains citations to the published literature on health services, technology, administration and research.
- LexisNexis Academic Universe -- Large database covering federal and state court opinions, statutes, and regulations. Also has extensive coverage of news publications, news transcripts, and company information.
- LexisNexis Statistical Insight -- Includes tables, abstracts, and links to statistical information from State, US, and International sources through LexisNexis. The American Statistics Index, Statistical Reference Index, Index to International Statistics.
- MEDLINE (via PubMed and OVID) -- MEDLINE is the premier database of the U.S. National Library of Medicine. It contains over 12 million records of journal articles in all areas of the life sciences, with particular emphasis on biomedicine.
- PAIS International -- Covers articles, books, conference proceedings, government documents, book chapters, hearings and statistical directories about public affairs, including public policy and social issues.
- POPLINE -- the world's largest database on reproductive health, containing citations with abstracts to scientific articles, reports, books, and unpublished reports in the field of population, family planning, and related health issues.
- ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source -- Covers a wide range of topics, including nursing, allied health, alternative therapies, biomedicine, consumer health and health administration.
The Libraries' journal collection includes more than 20,000 electronic journals, as well as limited print subscriptions. See Getting to Journals and Journal Articles for help in navigating our journal collection. To browse lists of e-journals relevant to Health Services Administration see our Electronic Journal Locator subject lists:
Selected Health Sciences E-books (by subject area) Library Catalog Some recommended subject terms for searching the library catalog:
- Delivery of health care
- Health manpower
- Health personnel
- Health policy
- Health services
- Health services accessibility
- Health services administration
- Health services for the aged
- Hospital administration
- Medical staff
- American Academy of Professional Coders
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- Association of University Programs in Health Administration
- Healthcare Leadership Network of the Delaware Valley
- National Association for Healthcare Quality
- National Association of Health Services Executives
Page maintained by Kathleen Turner firstname.lastname@example.org Last updated 12/14/2010
Content Editor: Kathleen Turner
Last Updated: 10/31/2012