- Access Medicine Over 35,000 photos and illustrations; also online Grand Rounds, molecular-level animations adapted from Goodman & Gilman's, procedural videos, and animations of procedures.
- Anatomy.tv (from Primal Pictures). 3D model of human anatomy online and interactive functional anatomy. Non-commercial/non-profit use of images, slides and animations is allowed and does not require any additional permission or license. However, Primal Pictures Ltd must always be credited as the source of the images.
- ClinicalKey Provides access to Elsevier's current medical and surgical content including: First Consult; Top journals; Best-selling medical and surgical books; Thousands of medical videos, millions of images, and much more content across 12 distinct content types.
- STAT!Ref Provides searchable access to images in textbooks and reference books.
- Bassett Collection of Stereoscopic Images of Human Anatomy A vast collection of three-dimensional images of human dissection.
- Hardin MD A collection of images representing a wide range of diseases and conditions. Maintained by the University of Iowa.
- Health Education Assets Library A digital repository that allows medical educators to discover, download, and re-use over 22,000 medical education resources.
- HONmedia (Health on the Net Foundation) A repository of over 6'800 medical images and videos, pertaining to 1,700 topics and themes. Searchable and browseable using MeSH terminology.
- MedPix A medical image database and radiology portal, provided by the Departments of Radiology and Biomedical Informatics, Uniformed Services University, Bethesda, MD.
- NIH Image Bank Images from the collections of the 27 Institutes and Centers that comprise the National Institutes of Health. Contents include general biomedical and science-related images, clinicians, computers, patient care-related images, microscopy images, and various exterior images. NIH images are in the public domain and CANNOT be copyrighted. Images may be used, linked, or reproduced without further permission from NIH.
- Practice of Medicine Videos-Physical Exam Modules From the University of Virginia School of Medicine, a series of instructional modules and videos demonstrating physical exam techniques.
- Public Health Image Library (CDC) Single images, image sets, and multimedia files. Featured collections include influenza, bio-terrorism, natural disasters, environmental health and electron microscope images. Provides multiple search options include MeSH categories. Images are print quality, free, and copyright cleared for most uses.
- Springer Images A growing collection of scientific images that spans the scientific, technical and medical fields, including high-quality clinical images from images.MD. More that 41,000 images, including 12,000+ medical and public health images are available in the Open Access image collection. Images obtained from SpringerImages can be used for almost all noncommercial purposes, including integration into presentations and PDF documents.
- Trauma Image Database An educational repository of trauma images on the internet.
- The Whole Brain Atlas A resource for central nervous system imaging. Portions of this work may be individually downloaded, copied, and cited for the personal and educational purposes of individuals and organizations in their work, provided that proper attribution and context are given.
- World Health Organization Multimedia Photographic collections include health topics as well as WHO agencies and events.
Content Editor: Sarah Daub
Last Updated: 05/22/2013