- AGRICOLA - ELECTRONIC
Comprehensive source of U.S. agricultural and life sciences information, containing over 3.3 million bibliographic records of journal articles, monographs, theses, and more, from 1979 to the present.
- Find articles and other materials on complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to healthcare and wellness.
- Biological Sciences - ELECTRONIC
An interdisciplinary database that offers abstracts and citations to a wide range of research in biomedicine, biotechnology, zoology and ecology, and some aspects of agriculture and veterinary science.
- Food Science & Technology Abstracts (FSTA) - ELECTRONIC
Abstracts to literature relating to food science and technology, prepared by subject specialists. Provided on the Thomson Web of Knowledge platform.
- Nutrition Evidence Library
The NEL is a state-of-the-art methodology and web-based system designed to review, evaluate and synthesize food and nutrition-related research. The rigorous, protocol-driven, transparent methodology is designed to minimize bias and ensure relevant, timely, and high-quality evidence-based reviews to inform Federal nutrition-related policies, recommendations and programs.
- Pubmed Dietary Supplement Subset - ELECTRONIC
ODS and the National Library of Medicine (NLM) partnered to create this Dietary Supplement Subset of NLM's PubMed. The subset is designed to limit search results to citations from a broad spectrum of dietary supplement literature including vitamin, mineral, phytochemical, ergogenic, botanical, and herbal supplements in human nutrition and animal models. The PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset succeeds the International Bibliographic Information on Dietary Supplements (IBIDS) database, 1999-2010, which was a collaboration between the two U.S. government agencies, ODS and United States Department of Agriculture National Agricultural Library.
- SPORTDiscus with Full Text - ELECTRONIC
Full text of journals covering sport, physical fitness, sports medicine, nutrition, exercise physiology, sport & exercise psychology, recreation, leisure studies, tourism, occupational health & therapy, public health and more.
- Also consider these multi-disciplinary databases:
- Web of Knowledge (ISI) - ELECTRONIC
ISI Web of Knowledge is a Web portal the ISI Citation databases through Web of Science: Science Citation Index and Social Science Citation Index, as well as Current Contents and Journal Citation Reports.
Searching the catalog for books on nutrition:
Browse the stacks:
- Physiology-Nutrition — QP141
- Energy Metabolism/Calorimetry -- QU125
- Nutrition/Vitamins -- QU145
- Home Economics-Nutrition — TX341- (HAGERTY only)
- Diet Therapy/Nutrition Therapy -- WB400- (HEALTH SCIENCES only)
Selected Reference Books:
- Bender’s Dictionary of Nutrition and Food Technology (2006)
- CRC Desk Reference for Nutrition
- [PRINT] Hagerty Reference QP141 .B523 2006
- [PRINT] QUEEN LN Reference-Dict. QU 13 B486c 1998
- Dietary reference intakes for energy, carbohydrate, fiber, fat, fatty acids, cholesterol, protein, and amino acids
- Dietary reference intakes for water, potassium, sodium, chloride, and sulfate
- Nutrition Handbook for Food Processors
- Search the Library Catalog for journals:
- Browse electronic journals in Nutritional Sciences.
- Electronic Journal Locator — Look up journal titles or browse additional topics.
- GetIt Article Finder — Find Drexel-subscribed full-text sources for a specific journal article.
- ben:BiosciEdNet – Digital library portal for teaching and learning in the biological sciences. The BEN Portal provides access to education resources from BEN Collaborators and is managed by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS). Over 12,930 reviewed resources covering 77 biological sciences topics are available. Access to some images and movies require registration, but all are free and well worth the extra effort.
- Dietary Supplements Labels Database -- Developed and managed by the United States National Library of Medicine. The Dietary Supplements Labels Database offers information about ingredients in more than three thousand selected brands of dietary supplements. The Database can be searched by brand names, uses noted on product labels, specific active ingredients, and manufacturers. Warnings and Recalls from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), related to specific ingredients and supplement brands have also been provided.
- Food and Nutrition Information Center — The Food and Nutrition Information Center (FNIC) is located at the National Agricultural Library (NAL), part of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the Agricultural Research Service (ARS).
- Institute of Medicine – The IOM was established under the charter of the National Academy of Sciences. The IOM provides information on many aspects of public health, including Food and Nutrition. Many of the IOM reports and projects are available for reading online free from the National Academies Press. Just follow the “Read and Purchase” link.
- United Nations Data -- Here find numerous links to data and statistics on food and agriculture from FAO as collected by the United Nations.
- American Council on Science and Health–Nutrition
- American Dietetic Association
- American Society for Nutrition
- American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
- Canadian Council of Food and Nutrition
- Dietary Managers Association
- Dietitians of Canada
Content Editor: Kathleen Turner
Last Updated: 01/23/2013