- General Residency Directories
- Training Programs, Clerkships, Internships, and Fellowship
- Specialty Specific Residency Directories
- CareerMD.com CareerMD.com is a site that thousands of medical students, residents, and fellows use to research graduate medical education opportunities and plan their careers. Program directors and physician recruiters log-in to the site everyday to edit and add to their listings, post open positions, and publish in-depth information about their programs, hospitals, and practices.
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) ECFMG certifies foreign students who want to enter an ACGME accredited program. It provides informations on requirements for certification and links for registering for exams like the USMLE Step One and the Step Two Clinical Skills.
- ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) ERAS is a service that transmits residency applications, letters of recommendation, Dean's Letters, transcripts, and other supporting credentials from applicants and medical schools to residency programs using the Internet. It was created and is maintained by the Association of American Medical Colleges.
- FindAResident Find A Resident serves as a supplement to ERAS. It connects residents with fellowship programs. Prospective candiates can look for available positions and post resumes.
- FREIDA (Fellowship and Residency Electronic Interactive Database) FREIDA Online is a database of approximately 7,800 graduate medical education programs accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, as well as over 200 combined specialty programs.
- National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) The National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) is a private, not-for-profit corporation established in 1952 providing uniform data of appointment to positions in graduate medical education (GME) in the United States. The NRMP is not an application processing service; rather, it provides an impartial venue for matching applicants' and programs' preferences for each other consistently.
- Founded in 1999, ResidentWeb.com is dedicated to providing its members with the tools, resources, and means to enrich their experience as physicians-in-training and prepare them for the future. Users may search for residency and fellowship opportunities in the Resources section of this website. Free registration is required.
- Scutwork.com Founded by a medical resident, Scutwork.com provides a listing of over 3,000 residency programs. Reviews of one third of the programs listed in the directory are also available on this site.
- Transitional Year Program Directory This directory provides information on the vast majority of Transitional Year Residency programs. The information is collected by the Council of Transitional Year Program Directors, and the database is updated regularly.
- Anesthesiology (American Society of Anesthesiologists)
- Cardiology Training Program (American College of Cardiology)
- Emergency Medicine(Society for Academic Emergency Medicine)
- Family Medicine Clerkship/Preceptorship Directory (American Academy of Family Physicians)
- Family Practice(American Academy of Family Physicians)
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology (Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics)
- Osteopathy(American Osteopathic Association)
- Preventive Medicine (American College of Preventive Medicine)
- Radiology (Radiological Society of North America)
- Surgery (American College of Surgeons)
- Urology (American Urological Association)
- Women's Health (Office on Women's Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
Page maintained by Kathleen Turner email@example.com Update 1/5/2010
Content Editor: Kathleen Turner
Last Updated: 10/31/2012