- Finding Books
- Finding Articles
- Primary Source Materials
- Reference Tools
- Professional Associations
- Selected Web Resources
- Try a keyword search:
- archival librar* AND metadata
- Try a subject search:
- archives archives administration
- Library and Information Science Abstracts (LISA) — ELECTRONIC Library and Information Science Abstracts is an international abstracting and indexing tool designed for library professionals and other information specialists. LISA currently abstracts over 440 periodicals from more than 68 countries and in more than 20 different languages.
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts (LISTA) — ELECTRONIC Indexes more than 600 periodicals, plus books, research reports and proceedings. Many abstracts lead to full-text via SFX.
- Library Literature & Information Science Full Text — ELECTRONIC Library and Information Science Journals Indexed from 1982, abstracted from 1984, and available in full text from 1994.
- Library Literature & Information Science Retrospective: 1905-1983 — ELECTRONIC Indexing of over 1,200 periodicals, with citations to more than 500,000 articles, including book reviews. Search hundreds of periodicals, plus books, book chapters and library school theses.
With just a few main journals in this field, searching one at a time can be a worthwhile approach.
- African Journal of Library, Archives & Information science - published in Nigeria through the Int'l Network for the Availability of Scientific Publications (INASP) established by the Int'l Council for Science (ICSU) in 1992. Full text: 1998 - present -- ELECTRONIC
- American Archivist - (from the Society of American Archivists) We now have electronic access! Full Text: 1938 - present -- PRINT 2000 - present -- ELECTRONIC
- Archival Issues - (published by the Midwest Archives Conference) Full Text: 1997 - present -- ELECTRONIC
- Archival Science - (Journal of the Society of Archivists - UK) Full Text: 2001 - present -- ELECTRONIC
- Archivaria - (official journal of the Association of Canadian Archivists) Full Text: 1975 - 2004 -- ELECTRONIC (direct link here) Full Text: 2008 - present -- PRINT
- Journal of archival organization Full Text: 2002 - present -- ELECTRONIC (direct link here)
- Drexel University Archives - includes our collection of local historic photos reflecting campus life. Great tipsheet.
- Multilingual Inventory of Cultural Heritage in Europe (MICHAEL) - a cultural portal to digital collections from Europe's museums, libraries and archives. Currently accesses content from 18 European countries.
- National Archives and Records Administration - our national archives.
- New York Public Library Archives and Manuscripts - great special collections.
- Philadelphia City Archives - just down the street from the Drexel University City Campus, and open to the public.
- Encyclopedia of Library and Information Science -- ELECTRONIC & PRINT Ref Z1006 .E57 2003 Good layman's language on technical issues with good coverage of archival topics.
- Academy of Certified Archivists (ACA) Resources for practicing archivists.
- Association of Canadian Archivists (ACA)
- Association of Moving Image Archivists (AMIA) For those concerned with the collection, preservation, exhibition and use of moving image materials.
- National Association of Government Archives and Record Administrators (NAGARA) Organization of government archives and records information professionals.
- Society of Archivists - UK
- Society of American Archivists (SAA) Includes contact information for regional associations. Manages the Archives and Archivists Listserv
- Local Organizations: Delaware Valley Archivists Group (DVAG) Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference (MARAC)
- Archivists Tool-kit Open source archival data management system that provides broad, integrated support for the management of archives.
- National Security Archives An award-winning independent non-governmental research institute and library located at The George Washington University, the Archive collects and publishes declassified documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act and serves as a repository of government records on a wide range of topics pertaining to the national security, foreign, intelligence, and economic policies of the United States.
- Northeast Document Conservation Center Contains a good amount of resources in the area of preservation
- ArchivesBlogs a syndicated collection of blogs by and for archivists
- ArchivesNext attempts to identify what might be “next” for archival institutions
- The Anarchivist An archivist considers the profession of archives
- Chapters and Loose Papers the official SAA newsletter for students of archival science
Content Editor: Tim Siftar
Last Updated: 10/31/2012