Searching the catalog for books on arts administration: Try a keyword search: succession theater* and management Try a subject search: Arts - Management Nonprofit organizations -- Management Or browse the stacks by call number:
- Boards HD 2745
- Personnel Management HF 5549 - HF 5549.5
- Accounting. Bookkeeping HF 5601 - HF 5689
- Art and the State, Public Art N 8700 - N 9165
- History of the Arts NX 440 - NX 632
- Patronage of the Arts NX 700 - NX 750
- Administration of the Arts NX 760 - NX 770
- Arts Centers and Facilities NX 798 - NX 820
- Business Source Complete — ELECTRONIC Database focusing on business publications. Includes electronic access to the Harvard Business Review and the MIT Sloan Management Review.
- CPANDA: Cultural Policy and the Arts National Data Archive — WWW The world's first interactive digital archive of policy-relevant data on the arts and cultural policy in the United States. It was founded in 2001. It is a collaborative effort of Princeton University's Firestone Library and the Princeton Center for Arts and Cultural Policy Studies.
- Google Scholar — WWW Google Scholar enables you to search specifically for scholarly literature, including peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, preprints, abstracts and technical reports from all broad areas of research. To link to Drexel full text from Google Scholar, first add Drexel in the Library Links within Scholar Preferences.
- International Index to the Performing Arts (IIPA) — ELECTRONIC Provides indexing, abstracts and selected full text from sources including dance. Note that not all articles are available full-text from IIPA, and you will need to use the SFX button to locate all options.
- International Bibliography of Theatre and Dance Full Text -– ELECTRONIC A fully indexed, cross-referenced and annotated databank of over 60,000 journal articles, books, book articles and dissertation abstracts on all aspects of theatre and performance in 126 countries. Full text available includes more than 100 journals and over 50 books & monographs
- Jstor -- ELECTRONIC Interdisciplinary collection of journals in the arts, humanities, and social sciences.
- Electronic Newspapers — ELECTRONIC Drexel University Libraries provides access to several newspapers and their archives, including The Philadelphia Inquirer, The New York Times (back to 1851), The Washington Post, and The Wall Street Journal. This page show you the access points for each.
- Proquest — ELECTRONIC Huge multi-disciplinary database that includes electronic access to International Journal of Arts Management, The Journal of Arts Management, Law and Society and ournal of Cultural Economics. Also includes access to magazines such as Time, Newsweek, and Philadelphia Magazine.
- Sage Journals Online -- ELECTRONIC SAGE Premier collection is comprised of full-text access to nearly 500 journals published by SAGE covering all academic disciplines, but specializing in Social Sciences.
- Sage Research Methods Online (SRMO) - ELECTRONIC
SRMO is a powerful research methods tool, linking SAGE?s renowned research methods content with sophisticated search tools to help researcher answer their research methods questions like never before. The site contains 504 book titles, including the entire QASS (aka Little Green Book) series, 6 dictionaries, 4 encyclopedias and a Major Work containing journal articles. They also have a visual Methods Map tool and playlist functionality called SRMO Lists.
To find theses by Drexel AADM graduates, search the catalog for THESIS AND ARTS MANAGEMENT. There is a link in each record for electronic access to the thesis/dissertation collection in our institutional depository, iDEA. Click on the link, to be taken into iDEA, but then you still have to click AGAIN to get the PDF document.
To find theses outside of Drexel, search ProQuest Dissertations & Theses:
With more than 1.5 million entries, Proquest'sDissertation Abstracts database is the one central, authoritative source for information about doctoral dissertations and master's theses.
- IBISWorld -- ELECTRONIC Collection of Industry Market Research Reports on over 700 industries in the United States.
- Mintel Reports -- ELECTRONIC To access the reports in Mintel, you are required to set up an account first, using your Drexel email address. It’s very quick! Log in to Mintel Reports from our Databases by Title page. After accepting their licensing agreement, you will need to create your username (Drexel email address) and password, and then you’re in. Pay particular attention to each report’s Executive Summary, Market Size and Trends, Market Segmentation, and Future and Forecast.
- TableBase -- ELECTRONIC Statistical data on companies, industries, products and markets.
Note the following journal titles related to Arts Administration that Drexel University Libraries currently subscribes to:
- Asia Pacific Journal of Arts and Cultural Management
(electronically only from December 2003, directly from the publisher)
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
1997 - current
- International Journal of Arts Management
(in print from 2001 - current, and electronically via Proquest from 2002)
- International Journal of Cultural Policy
(electronically only from 2002, via Informaworld Journals)
- The Journal of Arts Management and Law
(in print from 1983 – 1991 and electronically 1990 - present via Ebscohost International Bibliography of Theatre & Dance)
- The Journal of Arts Management, Law and Society
(in print 1992-current (some missing issues), and electronically via Proquest from 1992 via Ebscohost International Bibliography of Theatre & Dance)
- Journal of Cultural Economics
(electronically only from 1996 via Proquest and SpringerLink)
- Also note the following journal from the University of Wisonsin’s Digital Collections:The Arts in Society — WWWThis journal was published by the University of Wisconsin from 1958 - 1976 and covers many topics of interest to arts administation students and professionals.
- RefWorks — ELECTRONIC RefWorks is a web-based citation manager tool provided by Drexel University Libraries. It allows you to create folders that help you organize your research, and is useful when writing your thesis. Many of our databases work directly with RefWorks, allowing you to export citations to your account and sometimes allowing you to link back out to the article itself. For more information on how to use RefWorks, see http://www.youtube.com/user/ProQuestRefWorks
- Artslynx Artists' Resource Guide Artslynx is a portal website that includes curated directories of links to arts resources on the web. The directory includes links for the literary, media, performing, and visual arts and covers funding, technical resources, equipment and supplies, magazines and journals, as well as relevant education, organization, criticism, and research links. There are sections on arts advocacy, arts administration, and arts empowerment.
- Drexel University Libraries’ Prospect Research Page A guide for finding information about individuals, corporations and foundations as sources of funding.
- Drexel University Libraries’ Grant Guide A guide for getting help with grant and proposal preparation.
- The New York Public Library Arts Administration Page A list of resources compiled by the New York Public Library.
Content Editor: Tom Ipri
Last Updated: 04/12/2013