Searching the catalog (http://innoserv.library.drexel.edu/search/) for books on Digital Media:
Try a keyword search: Digital Media
Try a subject search: Video games -- History
Or another subject search: Interactive multimedia
- ACM Digital Library -- ELECTRONIC The ACM (Association for Computing machinery) Digital Library includes abstracts, reviews, and the full-text articles published in ACM periodicals, transactions, and proceedings since 1985.
- AES Online Electronic Library -- ELECTRONIC Focusing on audio technology, this database provides full text of the Audio Engineering Society journals, convention preprints, and conference papers encompassing over 3,100 articles.
- Jstor -- ELECTRONIC Useful not so much for technology information, but due to its broad collection of interdisciplinary journals in the arts, humanities, and social sciences. Jstor is easy to use, and provides mostly all full text to its indexed articles.
- Proquest -- ELECTRONIC Huge Interdisciplinary database that is bound to have info on your topic. Includes limited access to Wired magazine.
- ScienceDirect -- ELECTRONIC An amazingly deep and diverse collection of journals from publishing giant Elsevier, including many computing titles.
Below is a limited list of key journals specifically requested by Digital Media facutly. Most are available electronically.
- Design Issues -- ELECTRONIC
- Artifact -- ELECTRONIC
- Journal of Design Communication -- WWW
- Journal of Design Research -- ELECTRONIC
- Leonardo -- PRINT AND ELECTRONIC An MIT publicaiton, Leonardo is "the leading international journal for readers interested in the application of contemporary science and technology to the arts and music" (http://www.mitpressjournals.org/page/about/leon).
The following E-Book collections may be of particular interest to Digital Media studentst
- Books 24x7 -- ELECTRONIC Search, browse and view full contents of hundreds of books covering over 90 technology topics, including: Databases, Desktop & Office Applications, Enterprise Computing, Graphic Design, Hardware, IBM Redbooks, Networks & Protocols, Operating Systems, Programming, and Web Development.
- Safari Tech Books -- ELECTRONIC Search, browse and view full contents of hundreds of books from major technology publishers including O'Reilly, Microsoft Press, Addison Wesley, Cisco, Cisco Press, Peachpit Press, Prentice Hall PTR, Que, Sams Publishing.
Content Editor: Tom Ipri
Last Updated: 10/31/2012