- Finding Books
- Finding Articles
- Finding Designers
- Trend and Demographic Information
- Fashion Periodicals
- Finding Local Information
Searching the catalog for books on fashion design:
Try a keyword search: Fashion and Illustration
Try a subject search: Fashion Drawing
Browse the stacks:
Costume History GT 510 - GT 580
Details and Accessories GT 2050 - GT 2220
Ornaments, Jewelry GT 2250 - GT 2281
Clothing Manufacturing TT 490 - TT 695
Sewing, embroidery TT 697 - TT 927
- DAII - Design and Applied Arts Index -- ELECTRONIC Covers trends in design and the applied arts, including fashion and textiles. It indexes articles from international design magazines, but does not include full-text of the articles. Use the Get It button to find access to full-text.
- Vogue Archive -- ELECTRONIC A complete searchable archive of American Vogue, from the first issue in 1892 to the current month, reproduced in high-resolution color page images. Every page, advertisement, cover and fold-out has been included, with rich indexing enabling you to find images by garment type, designer and brand names. The Vogue Archive preserves the work of the world's greatest fashion designers, stylists and photographers and is a unique record of American and international fashion, culture and society from the dawn of the modern era to the present day.
- ProQuest -- ELECTRONIC Includes indexing and some full text, although images are limited. Fashion titles include Vogue, Glamour, Elle, Mademoiselle, Marie Claire, Harper's Bazaar, Allure, etc.
- WWD Online (Women's Wear Daily Online) -- ELECTRONIC The fashion industry's daily news source. It covers the entire gamut of fashion and the business of fashion: ready-to-wear, couture presentations, and market overviews. Online version of Women's Wear Daily. Our subscription includes the archive back to 1994.
- Business and Company Resource Center (Women's Wear Daily) -- ELECTRONIC An alternate means to accessing articles published in Women's Wear Daily. Particularly useful for searching older issues. Database includes articles from 1983-present.
- Berg Fashion Library -- ELECTRONIC Covers trends, articles and reference works on fashion, including textiles, designers, and industry. Includes Berg e-books, Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion, as well as articles and contemporary essays.
- Search the catalog (http://innopac.library.drexel.edu/search/) -- ELECTRONIC Search by the name of the designer. There may be an entire book on your designer or design firm.
- Contemporary Fashion -- PRINT TT505.A1 C66 2002 An encyclopedia of Fashion Designers and Firms. Includes major retail companies and their histories.
- Fashion: The Century of The Designer, 1900-1999 -- PRINT TT 507 S4413 2000 A comprehensive history of fashion in the 20th century. Covers the style and look of each decade as well as profiling famous designers' work Also covers famous fashion illustrators and photographers for each decade. Indexed by subject/designer name.
- Fashion: The Twentieth Century -- PRINT TT 515 B38 1999 Divided into two sections (1900-1960 and 1960-2000), this book explores the evolution of fashion from its haute couture early days through the rise of pret a porter. An encyclopedia filled with the most important designers, celebrity personalities, role of menswear, and influential historical events that affected the styles of the times.
- St. James Fashion Encyclopedia: A Survey of Style from 1945 to the Present -- PRINT Ref TT 505 A1 S7 1997 Covers nearly 200 clothing designers, milliners, footwear designers, companies and textile houses. This volume features famous as well as fledgling artists and houses from all over the world, including Georgia Armani, Laura Ashley, Coco Chanel, Ralph Lauren and Adrienne Vitadini. 100 photos.
- Best Places -- This handy Website provides demographic information for over 3,000 cities across the United States. Among other statistics, it offers income, median home costs, and racial breakdowns. Even the number of Starbucks are tallied. You can also look at two cities at the same time, for quick and easy comparisons.
- Business & Industry - ELECTRONIC
A multi-industry, international database that provides access to company, industry, market, and product information. Covers over 1000 leading trade and business sources.
- Fashion Snoops -- ELECTRONIC Forecasting and trend analysis for the fashion industry. It provides practical information from worldwide retail floors, runways, trade shows, and more. It includes Girls, Boys, Junior Ladies, Young Men, Mini Girls, Mini Boys, and Denim. Access is available from ON-CAMPUS ONLY.
- Textile View Magazine -- PRINT Reports on textile and color trends, and includes great images.
- WGSN-edu -- ELECTRONIC "WGSN is the world's leading online business-to-business news and information service for the fashion and style industries. It currently offers over 300,000 pages of the most comprehensive, invaluable and up-to-the-minute international style intelligence."
- Drexel has current subscriptions to the following periodicals which are great for browsing.They are located on the lower level of Hagerty Library
Content Editor: Tom Ipri
Last Updated: 10/31/2012