- Finding Books
- Finding Articles
- DVDs and Videos
- Additional Information
- Selected Web Sources
Searching the catalog for books on film and TV:
Try a keyword search: Film AND Hitchcock
Try a subject search: Motion Pictures
Browse the stacks:
Cinematography TR 850
Film Criticism PN 1994
History of Film PN 1993.5
Motion Pictures PN 1995
Westerns PN 1995, 1998
- Art Full Text -- ELECTRONIC Full Text from is from 1997 on. Indexing begins from 1984. This database is especially useful for film reviews. To locate these, type the TITLE of the film in ALL - SMART SEARCH and for DOCUMENT TYPE select Film Review.
- International Index to the Performing Arts (IIPA) -- ELECTRONIC Provides indexing, abstracts and some full text from souces including dance, film, drama, television, the arts and entertainment industry, stagecraft, magic, musical theatre and performance art. Besides film reviews, IIPA is good for finding biographies and critical essays.
- Film Literature Index -- WWW The Film Literature Index annually indexes 150 film and television periodicals from 30 countries cover-to-cover and 200 other periodicals selectively for articles on film and television. The periodicals range from the scholarly and critical to the popular. This is a classic resource for film research that was made freely available on the Web in Fall 2005.
- Proquest -- ELECTRONIC Proquest contains articles from film publications such as Film & History, Film Comment, Film Quarterly, The Independent Film and & Video Monthly, Journal of Popular Film and Television, Variety, Entertainment Weekly. Many other titles are also available: Proquest carries more than 3,000 titles covering all subject areas.
- Variety -- ELECTRONIC Offers the full text of every current article in Daily Variety and Variety, as well as research tools like a searchable credits database, a global showbiz events calendar, interactive box office charts, classifieds, video clips, extended event photo coverage and more. Select FILM from the tab at the top to access daily news.
- Drexel University Libraries is expanding its film collection. You can search for a particular film by title in our catalog. Students can borrow DVDs and VHS tapes for 2 days; faculty may borrow them for 14 days.
- International Motion Picture Almanac -- PRINT Published annually. Directories of companies, theatres, etc. Also includes statistics. Most recent year is in the REFERENCE collection on the first floor of Hagerty Library. Call Number: PN1993.3 .I55
- Marquis Who's Who -- ELECTRONIC A searchable online database, features comprehensive profiles on over 1 million of the most accomplished individuals from all fields of endeavor, including arts and entertainment.
- International Motion Picture Almanac -- PRINT Published annually. Includes statistics and overviews of the year, as well as an overview of previous years. Also includes directories. Most recent year is in the REFERENCE stacks on the first floor. Call Number: PN1993.3 .I55
- American Audiences on Movies and Moviegoing -- PRINT PN 1995.9 A8 S73 2001 (second floor, Hagerty Library)
- Cinemas & Movie Theaters - US - September 2005 -- ELECTRONIC Report from Mintel Reports. Includes the market size and trends. To access this report, you are required to set up an account with Mintel first, using your Drexel email address. It's very quick! Log in to Mintel Reports from our Databases by Title page, or here: http://www.library.drexel.edu/cgi-bin/r.cgi?url=http://reports.mintel.com. Once accepting their licensing agreement, you will need to create your username (Drexel email address) and password, and then you're in. SEARCH the reports for MOVIES to locate this particular report.
The library collects scripts from various publishers. You can see the ones that we currently have under the LC Subject Heading of Motion picture plays. This list is growing, so check back for new additions.
- Film and Video Resource Tip Sheet -- ELECTRONIC This .pdf file provides more detailed information on how to access and use library resources. It also contains information regarding print and electronic journal subscriptions.
Details about Specific Films
Organizations, Institutes, and Associations
- Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences
- American Film Institute
- British Film Insititute
- Broadcast Film Critics Association
- International Documentary Association
- National Film Preservation Board (Library of Congress)
- Society for Cinema Studies
Content Editor: Tom Ipri
Last Updated: 10/31/2012