- Drawing, Design, Illustration (General) NC 1 - 45
- Graphic Art Materials NC 845 - 915
- Illustration NC 950 - 996
- Commercial Art, Advertising Art NC 997 - 1003
- Posters NC 1800 - 1850
- Greeting Cards, postcards, invitations, book Jackets NC1860 - 1896
Search, browse and view full contents of hundreds of books from major technology publishers.
Search, browse and view fulltext of nearly 8000 books, covering both Information Technology (IT) and Finance.
- The Thames & Hudson Dictionary of Graphic Design and Designers - Created to inform, identify and promote, graphic design is an essential part of our daily lives. This new-look dictionary has over one-hundred-and-fifty new and updated entries. An indispensible reference work, it provides information about typographers, journals, movements and styles, organizations and schools, printers and private presses, art directors, technological advances, design studios, graphic illustrators and poster artists.
- Communication Arts - PRINT
- I.D. - ELECTRONIC
- Print - ELECTRONIC
- Visual Communication Quarterly - PRINT
- Visual Communication Quarterly - ELECTRONIC
- ARTstor - ELECTRONIC
The ARTstor Digital Library is a nonprofit resource that provides more than one million digital images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and sciences with an accessible suite of software tools for teaching and research. To use some of the features, such as downloading images and creating and organizing folders, you need to register for an account. Registering is easy and involves entering an email and selecting a password.
- Flickr --WWW Limit search to photos with Creative Commons Licenses
- Morguefile -- WWW One of How Magazines top five sources for free or low-budget stock photography ("Taking Stock." How Magazine. August 2008 p 84). Very good search engine, truly free, and good quality images.
Finding Historic Images of Philadelphia:
- PhillyHistory -- WWW The Philadelphia City Archive is one of the country's largest municipal archives, with about 2 million photographs, dating from the late 1800's. Discover gorgeous images of Philadelphia, its industry, architecture, culture, and people.
- FLP-Historical Images of Philadelphia - WWW The images contained in this digital collection document Philadelphia’s past through its neighborhoods, buildings, and events. They are drawn from the Philadelphiana Collection, which contains over 20,000 historical images of Philadelphia. The earliest photograph in the collection dates back to 1841; most are from the latter half of the 19th century, with a few from the early 20th century. These images represent a small fraction of the photographs, drawings, paintings, and ephemera Philadelphiana has to offer.
Content Editor: Tom Ipri
Last Updated: 02/14/2013