Searching the catalog for books on photography:
Try a keyword search: stuart rome
Try a subject search: photography, artistic
Browse the stacks:
TR 185 Photographers
TR 250 – 265 Cameras
TR 287- 500 Photographic Processing
TR 510 - 545 Color Photography
TR 550 - 581 Studio and Laboratory
TR 590 - 620 Lighting
TR 600's Artistic Photography
TR 624 - 835 Applied Photography
- ArtBibliographies Modern -- ELECTRONIC Source of information on modern and contemporary arts dating from the late 19th century onwards, and including photography since its invention. Includes abstracts of English and foreign-language material on famous and lesser-known artists, movements, and trends. It does not include full-text of the articles, so be sure to use the SFX button to access the full-text.
- Art Full Text -- ELECTRONIC Art Full Text is a bibliographic database that indexes and abstracts articles from periodicals published throughout the world. Full-text coverage for selected periodicals is also included. Periodical coverage includes English-language periodicals, yearbooks, and museum bulletins. Indexing coverage begins 1984; abstracting coverage begins with January 1994. Full-text coverage begins in 1997.
- DAII - Design and Applied Arts Index -- ELECTRONIC Covers trends in design and the applied arts, including photography with a focus on technique. It indexes articles from international design magazines, but does not include full-text of the articles. Use the SFX button to find access to full-text.
- ARTstor -- ELECTRONIC ARTstor is an image database that includes photography, although more recent work is limited. Registration is necessary for saving images on ARTstor, but not for searching the collection.
- Search the catalog (http://innopac.library.drexel.edu/search/) -- ELECTRONIC Search by keyword the name of the photographer. There may be an entire book on your person. If not, broaden your search to look for monographs on the type of photography or the time period and then check those book's index for the subject that you are interested in.
- American Photographers: An Illustrated Who's Who Among Leading Contemporary Americans -- PRINT REF TR 139 .A34 1989 Like a Who's Who, but for photographers
- Contemporary Photographers -- PRINT REF TR 139 .C66 3rd ed. 1995 An encyclopedia of famous photographers. The entries include biographies, listing of works, writings. Some also include bibliographies and sample photos in both color and black and white.
- Grove Dictionary of Art -- ELECTRONIC and PRINT This classic reference series is also available electronically, which makes it easy to search by keyword. The Grove is especially useful due to the bibliographies included for each subject. Once you have found the entry you are looking for, look for the Bibliography link in the left hand menu. Then, check our catalog to see if we have any of the books listed. Image links are also provided in the upper menu bar. The print version is located in our Reference section, with Call Number N31 .D5 1996
- A New History of Photography --PRINT Call Number REF TR 15 N6813 1998
- PhotoSpeak : a Guide to the Ideas, Movements, and Techniques of Photography, 1839 to the Present -- PRINT Call Number REF TR 15 M63 1998
- A World History of Photography -- PRINT Call Number REF TR 15 R67x 1989
- The Book of 101 Books : Seminal Photographic Books of the Twentieth Century -- PRINT Call Number REF TR 145 Z9 B66 2001
- The History of Photography as Seen Through the Spira Collection -- PRINT TR 15 S66 2001
Content Editor: Tom Ipri
Last Updated: 10/31/2012