- Finding Books
- Finding Articles
- Finding Statistics
- Industry Information
- Finding News
- Suggested Journals and Magazines
Searching the catalog for books on television management:
Try a keyword search: television
Try a subject search: Television broadcasting -- United States
Try a keyword search:
HE 8689 - 8700.95 Radio and television broadcasting
HE 9719-9721 Artificial satellite telecommunications
HF 5801-6182 Advertising
P 87-96 Communication. Mass media
PN 1990-1992.92 Broadcasting, including radio and television
PN 4699-5650 Journalism
TK 5101-6720 Telecommunication
- ACM Digital Library -- ELECTRONIC The ACM (Association for Computing machinery) Digital Library includes abstracts, reviews, and the full-text articles published in ACM periodicals, transactions, and proceedings since 1985. While this database does have a focus on computing, there is coverage of new media options for television.
- Business Source Premier -- ELECTRONIC This business database provides more than 7,800 full text scholarly publications, including more than 1,125 peer-reviewed journals.
- ComAbstracts -- ELECTRONIC Indexes over 80 important communication journals with links to some full text. Date coverage varies, but most titles are covered for at least the past twenty years.
- Communication and Mass Media Complete -- ELECTRONIC offers cover-to-cover (core) indexing and abstracts for more than 420 journals, and selected (priority) coverage of nearly 200 more, for a combined coverage of more than 600 titles.
- SAGE Journals Online / SAGE Premier Collection -- ELECTRONIC Includes the full text of 16 journals published by SAGE and participating societies, encompassing over 5,000 articles in the field of communications. Plus many more journals on all topics.
- Expanded Academic Index -- ELECTRONIC Another large multi-disciplinary database containing
- ProQuest Research Library -- ELECTRONIC A large multi-disciplinary database containing information on business, communication studies and many other subject areas
- Television and Cable Factbook -- ELECTRONIC
- International television & video almanac -- PRINT Published annually. Most recent year is in the REFERENCE collection on the first floor of Hagerty Library. Call Number: PN1992.1 .I58 2006
- Neilsen Reports and Publications -- PRINT On reserve at the circulation desk. Includes Viewers in Profile as well as the National Audience Demographics Report.
- Tablebase -- ELECTRONIC Statistical/tabular data on companies, industries, products, countries and markets. Tablebase specializes in charts and tabular information culled from a variety of difference sources. You can look at just the table information, or select "Text Available" to read the source article.
- Global Entertainment and Media Outlook [excerpts]: 2005 - 2009 -- PRINT
- Global Entertainment and Media Outlook: 2006 - 2010: Forecasts and Economic Analysis of 14 Industry Segments -- PRINT
- Drexel University Libraries' Researching an Industry Guide -- WWW This research guide includes many more links to industry resources.
- IBISWorld -- ELECTRONIC IBISWorld offers industry reports covering over 700 US industries (at the 5-digit NAICS level) and provide key statistics, market characteristics, segmentation, industry conditions, and industry outlook. You can search by NAICS code or by keyword. It’s very easy to browse report titles as well.
- Mergent Online -- ELECTRONIC Good for researching a company. In depth financial information. Mergent Online is an Internet-based suite of information resources that enables in-depth business and financial research. Includes EDGAR searching and Industry Reports.
- Mintel Reports -- ELECTRONIC To access the reports in Mintel, you are required to set up an account first, using your Drexel email address. It's very quick! Log in to Mintel Reports from our Databases by Title page. After accepting their licensing agreement, you will need to create your username (Drexel email address) and password, and then you're in. Note that new reports are being added all the time. Pay particular attention to each report's Executive Summary, Market Size and Trends, Market Segmentation, and Future and Forecast.
- SNL Kagan -- ELECTRONIC SNL Kagan integrates online research, data and projections in real time for the media and communications industry. Access detailed news, forecasts and financial data. SNL Kagan covers TV network data, movie industry data, and radio and internet media. ***While Drexel University Libraries provides a subscription to SNL Kagan, individual users still need to register for their own account. Simply create your own account in the gray box using your Drexel email address.***
Television and Cable Factbook -- ELECTRONIC Includes industry data for cable systems, television stations, media ownership and media services.
- Factiva -- ELECTRONIC Global news and business information service that combines the content sets of Dow Jones Interactive and Reuters Business Briefing. More than 9,000 sources from 152 countries in 22 languages, including more than 120 continuously updated news wires. And, more than 900 sources are available on or before the date of publication.
- New York Times (Historical) -- ELECTRONIC via Proquest, full text coverage of the New York Times from 1851 - 2003, including original images.
- New York Times (Current) -- ELECTRONIC (AND PRINT) via Proquest, full text of the New York Times from 1980 to present (no images). Full text of New York Times Magazine and New York Time Book Review from 1997 to present. Note that we also keep current issues in print on the first floor in current periodicals. The current week is available at the circulation desk.
- Variety.com -- WWW Variety's website offers the full text of every current article in Daily Variety and Variety, as well as research tools like a searchable credits database, a global showbiz events calendar, interactive box office charts, classifieds, video clips, extended event photo coverage and more. See link below for library access to articles back to 1993.
- Wall Street Journal -- ELECTRONIC (AND PRINT) via Proquest.Note that we also keep current issues in print on the first floor in current periodicals. The current week is available at the circulation desk.
Note the following journal and magazine titles related to the industry that Drexel University Libraries currently subscribes to:
- Billboard (latest 6 months in print only, electronically from 1988)
- Cardozo Arts and Entertainment Law Journal (electronically from 1982, via Hein Online in print from 2002)
- Computers in Entertainment (electronically from 2003 via ACM Digital Library)
- Entertainment and Sports Law Journal (electronically only from 1993, via LexisNexis Academic)
- Entertainment Law Journal (electronically from 1995, via LexisNexis Academic)
- Entertainment Weekly (electronically from 1998 via Proquest)
- Fordham Intellectual Property, Media and Entertainment Law Journal (in print from 2002 and electronically from 1990 via Hein Online)
- Hollywood Reporter (electronically from 2001 via Proquest, with 2 week delay)
- International Journal of Arts Management (in print from 2001 and electronically from 2002 via Proquest)
- International Journal on Media Management (electronically from 1999)
- Journal of Arts Management and Law (in print from 1983-1991 and electronically from 1990-1992)
- The Journal of Arts Management, Law and Society (in print 1992-current (some missing issues), and electronically via Proquest from 1992 via Ebscohost International Bibliography of Theatre & Dance)
- Journal of Cultural Economics (electronically only from 1996 via Proquest and SpringerLink)
- Journal of Media Economics (electronically only from 1988)
- Pollstar (in print, latest 3 months only)
- Rolling Stone (in print from 1975 - 1998 and the latest 3 months only. Electronically from 1992 via Proquest)
- Variety (Electronically from 1993 until 2 weeks ago)
Content Editor: Tom Ipri
Last Updated: 10/31/2012