Electronic Resources (E-Journals, E-Books, Databases)
Electronic journals, electronic books and databases are available to all Drexel University students. When using e-resources from home or other non-Drexel Campus locations, just follow links from the Library homepage, then enter your Drexel email ID and password when prompted for authentication.
See Off Campus Access to Drexel Library Resources for more information.
Finding Books and Journals
To find print and electronic books and journals, search the Library Catalog:
- by KEYWORD using the QUICK SEARCH box to the left, or
- by Title, Author, Subject, etc.
Required and recommended supplemental readings for courses are listed by course name or instructor in the Library Catalog.
- PRINT reserve materials are available at the Technology and Engineering Center Library (TEC), Mount Laurel Campus, Burlington County College.
- ELECTRONIC Reserves may require that you enter your Drexel email ID and password to access documents online.
Borrowing Books from Drexel University Libraries
Print books from the library collections can be mailed to you. Identify the books you wish to borrow by searching the catalog, then click on the REQUEST THIS ITEM button at the top of the catalog page, enter your email ID, password and select "Distance Education Delivery" as your pick up location. When the book is available, it will be checked out to you for the usual borrowing periods, and then mailed to you. You may return books at the Burlington County College TEC Library.
My Library Record
- Renew books online
- Review the books you currently have checked out
- Create Preferred (Saved) Searches: Save catalog searches; re-run them to see updated lists of library materials that match your search strategy. Mark your Preferred Searches for email alert -- at the beginning of every week, you'll receive any email message alerting you to any new materials that match your strategy.
Use ILLiad, our Interlibrary Loan service, to get books, articles, and other materials not owned by Drexel University Libraries; or additional copies of items owned by Drexel that are not currently available. First-time users of ILLiad will need to complete the registration. Make sure you register as a DISTANCE LEARNER to ensure that materials are delivered directly to you.
Click on the appropriate library link below to fill out the online request form. Books will be sent via U.S. Mail. Article requests will be filled electronically: you will receive an email alert and can retrieve the article through your ILLiad.
More than 500 databases offer general and specialized searching for journal articles and other research sources.
RefWorks is a web-based software application that helps you manage citations. It helps you keep track of the sources you are using for your research and your own notes about the sources. Since it is web-based, no special software installation, downloads, or plug-ins required. It will also create bibliographies for you in the format you specify (APA, IEEE, etc.).
Research Guides created by Drexel University librarians recommend sources for research in specific subject areas.
- Research Guides for Business
- Research Guides for Engineering
- Research Guides for Information Systems and Technology
- Research Guides for Sciences and Mathematics
Tutorials and Online Instruction
Library tutorials and other online instruction tools can help you improve your research skills, including:
- For help with: Fines or other borrowing problems
- Call us at: 215-895-2767
- For help with: Interlibrary Loan Requests
- Call us at: 215-895-2769
- For help with: Course Reserves
- Call us at: 215-895-2756 or 856-222-9311 at BCC library
- For help with: Electronic Resource Problems
- Call us at: 215-895-2752
For Reference Help:
- Call Hagerty Library Reference, toll free: 1-888-278-8825 (or 215-895-2755)
- Ask us a Question online, OR
- Contact your Liaison Librarian. Find them here:
Applied Engineering Technology; Computer Engineering; Computer Science; Construction Management; Electrical Engineering; or Mechanical Engineering
|Jay Bhattfirstname.lastname@example.org||215-895-1873||Hagerty Library, Room 132|
|Emily Missneremail@example.com||215-895-6164||Hagerty Library, Room 137|
Content Editor: Shawn Woodson
Last Updated: 01/04/2013