PUBMED users can request articles found while searching MEDLINE from Hahnemann Library. The library will deliver articles available in-house, and if requested, can obtain the rest via interlibrary loan. PUBMED is produced by the National Library of Medicine (NLM). The LOANSOME DOC feature allows users to electronically order copies of articles cited in MEDLINE.
Any member of the community who is not affiliated with an institution that has a full service library may apply. The library may terminate the eligibility of individuals who do not pay for materials received, or who are not satisfied with the library’s service standards.
Free* per article (not held at Hahnemann) for
- Drexel staff, students and faculty
*$3.00 per article for those held in-house, payable in advance
$20.00* per article for
- Direct health care providers (doctors, nurses, allied health professionals)
- Alumni of Drexel University Health Sciences Libraries
*$20.00 surcharge per article for RUSH
$40.00* per article for
- For-profit companies
*$40.00 surcharge per article for RUSH
Non-Drexel staff, students and faculty are sent monthly invoices. Accepted methods of payment are by check or by credit card.
Turn-around Times/Delivery Methods:
Allow three workdays for in-house articles. Allow four to thirty days for articles obtained via interlibrary loan. Articles are posted to your ILLiad account in a .pdf format. You are notified via email when articles are ready for download (a direct link to your article is provided in the email).
RUSH Service: Please contact us before you submit your articles if you need RUSH service.
Registration is a multi-step process.
- Contact us via email that you wish to select us as your Loansome Doc provider and that you agree to our terms
- We send you via email our authorization code
- You use the authorization code to register us as your Loansome Doc Provider
- With the information you provided in your Loansome Doc registration, we will then create an account for you in ILLiad. Once this has been created, we will send you a notification email
- Once you receive that email, you may then start requesting articles in Pubmed.
Content Editor: Lynda Sadusky
Last Updated: 05/23/2013