Construction Update: Monday, May 4, 2015
First Floor Shelving Project - completed [W. W. Hagerty Library]
• Changes to the shelving on the first floor of W. W. Hagerty Library provide an opportunity for the Libraries to make improvements to the layout of the space. In total 30 additional seats were added to the first floor for a seating increase of 4.7%.
• New carpeting was also added to a significant portion of the first floor as a part of this project.
Second Floor New Student Space – in progress [W. W. Hagerty Library]
• Construction began on the new second floor space at W. W. Hagerty Library April 13, 2015. The project is scheduled to be completed in early June, just before finals week.
• Work hours for this project have been changed to 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. to minimize the disturbance. Peak weekday hours at the Libraries tend to begin around 2 p.m.
• Most of the demotion work has been completed.
• The staircase leading from the first to the second floor will need to be closed for a portion of the renovations. The Libraries will ensure appropriate signage is available to direct individuals to the second floor, which will remain open.
First Floor Restroom Facilities – in progress [W. W. Hagerty Library]
• Work is almost completed on renovation of the first floor restroom with the facilities re-opening during the week of May 18, 2015.